Cruise Next Certs

dad son team

I know from time to time that have promotions where you can use two certs for any type of cabin.  Does anyone know how often that sales happens?  I have two certs that expire next Feb, plus a credit from my Epic cruise that was interrupted last year that I have to use this year, but I will only be able to take one cruise and would like to use it all together.

We had a Haven CN certificate and a regular CN certificate and they let us use both as our down payment.  The Haven was the one that actually equaled the required down payment to hold the cruise, and the regular was just used as a credit toward the final payment.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

It's been running since July of 2018...

Off and on - continuously this time since August.  They do drop it periodically.  But no worries even if it's not running because as long as you are before final payment, you can always add a second one any time they are running the promo.

27 minutes ago, Swalsh80 said:

My understanding is if the booking is a least 6 months out, balcony or higher, you can use 2 cruise next certificates

Double up promo has been "extended" through March 31. So you can use 2 at any time for any cruise (6 nites or longer) for any category.

The 6months out, balcony terminology seems to be absent from the current T&Cs - that may be because the double-up promo would over-ride it. No guarantee how long the Double up promo will stay - for awhile it was alternating months but has been in effect on a regular basis since last August.

I've been looking into purchasing a CN or two, but am confused over the language on NCL's website.  Can they only be used toward the initial deposit when making a reservation, or can they also be used toward your balance/final payment?  The language on NCL's website makes it seem like you can only use it towards the initial deposit, but reading posts here is leading me to think they can be used towards the remaining balance.

1 minute ago, BallofGoof said:

I've been looking into purchasing a CN or two, but am confused over the language on NCL's website.  Can they only be used toward the initial deposit when making a reservation, or can they also be used toward your balance/final payment?  The language on NCL's website makes it seem like you can only use it towards the initial deposit, but reading posts here is leading me to think they can be used towards the remaining balance.

Anything paid before final payment is a deposit.  The wording does say something about new but I've added certificates after initial booking many times, so the definition of new seems to be open for interpretation.  I've even played musical certificates when I jumped on a good deal by taking one I'd already used as a deposit and putting it on a different cruise because I didn't have any at the time.  Took a cruise, bought more and put them back on the future cruises.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...