luggage tags?

brovol

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

Ohh...ok thanks! 🙂

Still seems odd to me the plastic holders on Amazon advertised as being specific for NCL but the dimensions are completely off.

The tags you print are wider because NCL hopes that they will survive the baggage handlers better (fewer bags in the lost luggage hall). 

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

specific for NCL

and if you decide to cruise more, and in cabins where you would have to print your own, you don't HAVE to have those holders specific to your cruise line.  The holder I have works for RCI, NCL (taking some liberties in the folding process to make it skinnier) and I believe Princess as the person that gave them to me normally sails on Princess.

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The tags you print are wider because NCL hopes that they will survive the baggage handlers better (fewer bags in the lost luggage hall). 

Thanks, that makes sense.  At the risk of sounding beyond neurotic but do you think the tags NCL sent to me are "hardy" enough?  They seem just like stickers printed on regular paper.   I guess they are only going from the port embarkation to your room, but I'm used to airline tags that are more "hardy".   And...they are probably more "hardy" than the luggage tags they put on at the port.

Edited to say - wow, I am spending too many calories thinking about luggage tags, LOL. 

Edited by GettotheSun

3 hours ago, GettotheSun said:

Thanks, that makes sense.  At the risk of sounding beyond neurotic but do you think the tags NCL sent to me are "hardy" enough?  They seem just like stickers printed on regular paper.   I guess they are only going from the port embarkation to your room, but I'm used to airline tags that are more "hardy".   And...they are probably more "hardy" than the luggage tags they put on at the port.

Edited to say - wow, I am spending too many calories thinking about luggage tags, LOL. 

You really are worrying needlessly. Just put one on each of the handles on your suitcase. 

Also, it’s always a good idea to have your own personal luggage tag on your bags, and identification in the inside.