luggage tags?

brovol

I have been on 25+ cruises, and several with NCL, so I am embarrassed to admit, I cant find where I can print my luggage tags on the NCL website.  I printed out everything else for our March 29 Getaway cruise, but cant figure out where the dang luggage tags are.  thought they would be with the e-docs, which is where I recall finding them on prior cruises; but they aren't there.

Is it too early?  I wouldn't think so.  Can someone enlighten me.  I'm sure its simple, but apparently so am I.

12 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Doesn’t NCL also mail them to you ?   
I remember I got some in the mail a few weeks b4. My last cruise with them? 

That happens at ports/piers with a lot of congestion specifically Seattle.

When the guest arrives at the pier with traffic congestion the porters may not

have time to write the tags due to work rules and keep the flow of traffic moving.

Mailing the tags out is a way to work around this.

Suites and above when booked in advance receive tags by mail in most all cases.

If the suite is booked at the last minute or a few days before sailing there

may not be time to mail the tags - remedy print them off of the guest Edocs

as noted above in previous posts. All the rest of ports/piers the porters have

generic tags writing the cabin number on them.

If you haven't received any tags at all best print your own to speed things along

at check-in registration and eliminate any illegible hand written tags by porters.

As a hint slip a copy of your edocs inside your luggage least it loose it

handle or attaching point - this may help Lost & Found find a way to get it to you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I said mine were mailed to me from NCL. Not my TA.   For my  Mini suite 
I got them a fee weeks b4 the cruise.  
I know I could print them.  Didn’t have to.  
I still have the ones I didn’t use.  

46ACDE6B-30E5-49BC-9031-0E2A746B2C72.jpeg

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Hmm, sounds like something they are doing for the Joy or specific ports? As all posters in non-Havens reporting receiving tags via mail seem to have sailed on the Joy. I have sailed out of Miami and NYC multiple times and never received tags I the mail.

Well I’ll have an update soon enough.  I’m sailing again on the joy in May.   Loved Alaska so much I’m going right back. Lol. 
oh and the prices were crazy cheap. And I had a 500.00 cruise next so even cheaper.   Lol 

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Hmm, sounds like something they are doing for the Joy or specific ports? As all posters in non-Havens reporting receiving tags via mail seem to have sailed on the Joy. I have sailed out of Miami and NYC multiple times and never received tags I the mail.

My experience out of NYC is similar to Jaime's, but for my upcoming Epic cruise out of San Juan, I received luggage tags in the mail a few weeks ago.  First time ever.

6 hours ago, akmarshall said:

We received tags in the mail for our September 2019 cruise on the Joy. This was the first time in a long time they were mailed to us. We were in an Oceanview room.

Yes. As stated above, there are a couple of ports with small, congested terminals like Seattle and San Juan where tags are sent to everyone. 

Seattle has the additional problems of union workers who sit at tables vs helping people at the curb (other than those trolling for money). The preprinted tags speed bag drop off so that the port workers don’t have to think and handwrite tags. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

We have had printed tags for our AK cruise from Seattle in 2012 (were in a suite) and again in 2016 on the Dawn out of Boston (suite as well). Last cruise Gem out of SFO - again in a suite - had to print our own. 

We were on the Gem in January in a non-Haven suite on the cruise before yours, and the tags were mailed to us.  Did you inquire about yours? (Perhaps they were lost in the mail v. a very sudden change in policy.) 

Turtles - no I did not - also we met others in the airport waiting for a transfer who were in the suites below us and they also did not get pre printed tags. So perhaps the theory about what port you are leaving from is the key. It could also have something to do with if you have an NCL transfer or not - this is the first time we have used an NCL Transfer to get to the ship.

I also remember cruising before e-docs where you met with the Travel Agent who handed you this thick envelope with all your documents printed by the cruise line - including luggage tags - for all categories.

Now I will admit that at NYC it was nice to be in a suite and be able to get our luggage first - just after the walk offs. They even held the lines for us to get off the ship and into the customs/luggage area - made some folks being held mad/envious. 

So newbie question, and at the risk of sounding like an idiot...

We are Haven guests and so I received our luggage tags.  I read on some threads that some have bought plastic luggage tag holders and put their paper luggage tag in that so no risk of it ripping off, etc...

I did a search for NCL luggage tags on amazon and the shape of the plastic tag holders (wide and squat) looks nothing like the size of the actual luggage tags (skinny and long).  The Amazon tags say specifically they are for NCL luggage tags?

What am I missing?

4 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

What am I missing?

Nothing. There’s no need to put the luggage tags that are mailed to you in a plastic holder. They are sticky and secure, very similar to the tags airlines put on your bags. We put one in each of the handles.

The plastic tag holders that people talk about are for the tags you print yourself on  regular paper. 

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Nothing. There’s no need to put the luggage tags that are mailed to you in a plastic holder. They are sticky and secure, very similar to the tags airlines put on your bags. We put one in each of the handles.

The plastic tag holders that people talk about are for the tags you print yourself on  regular paper. 

Ohh...ok thanks! 🙂

Still seems odd to me the plastic holders on Amazon advertised as being specific for NCL but the dimensions are completely off.

Edited by GettotheSun

45 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

Ohh...ok thanks! 🙂

Still seems odd to me the plastic holders on Amazon advertised as being specific for NCL but the dimensions are completely off.

The tags mailed to suite guests are a different size than the paper tags you print out. The plastic holders you can buy on Amazon work for the latter. I’ve used them. 

51 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

Ohh...ok thanks! 🙂

The tags Amazon sells are a perfect fit for the printed tags when you fold them according to the directions.  Not the same as the tags that some might get from NCL or their TA.