Edge Debarkation

Madio

I'm sorry if this topic may have already been discussed, but I could not find it.  We are on the Edge March 15 cruise.  Although we have been on 2 previous X cruises, we have  hopped around among different cruise lines, and forgotten how debarkation works on X.  We live 45 minutes from the Port, and put our car in Park 'n Go, so it doesn't matter what time we get off.  Getting off our last cruise (Crown Princess on Dec. 27) was a nightmare.  We followed the rules, went to the designated place, etc. etc.  Other people didn't, and it became a cattle drive, waiting in a humongous line just to get our luggage......took forever. After that, Customs was a cinch with Global Entry.  I recommend it highly.  So my question is how long will X let us stay on?  Do they broadcast an announcement when they want everybody off?  We put our bags out the night before, so can we just have a leisurely breakfast? (where?  We're in AQ, so could be use Blu? MDR? Buffet?  Have a mimosa somewhere? Okay, so maybe that's too much to ask LOL).  Any advice appreciated.

Celebrity uses a numbering system to designate when you are to disembark.  When your number is called go to disembarkation and grab you luggage.  If you are not in a hurry you could also wait until last call -  about 9:15 and virtually no crowds at all.

You can stay aboard until last call, which is around 9:30am. There will be announcements for group numbers when it is their time to disembark. You can have breakfast in BLU if you like.
Terminal 25 where the Edge docks uses electronic technology for embarkation and disembarkation. When you do your online check-in, you will be asked to upload a headshot. Whenever you board or disembark the ship, there will be a camera that you stop briefly in front of and it clears you. Easy-peasy, no need to use your sea pass card which makes the lines move pretty quickly. A camera system is also used to clear Customs in Terminal 25 so no need to show your passport.

Not to be a downer, but on an early February cruise the computer system was not working on debarkation. We had an early number and we weren’t off until 830 but

it wasn’t as bad as I expected, if the systems works as it did on embarkation then it should be quick and easy

Also, incase you weren't aware - you can do "extend your stay" and stay on the ship for a fee right up until a couple hours before it sets sail (I think 1;30 is deadline to get off?) - it includes drink pkg, lounging in public areas/pools, lunch, etc. Depends on if you want to prolong your vacation or get home. If I lived close to port and didn't have to fly...i'd think about extending my vacation a bit 🙂

3 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

That is good to hear.  Might have to try that next time.  Wonder how much it is?

We paid $79 per person, but the price does fluctuate, as do other excursions. The Extend Your Stay Program included a Classic Drink Package for the extra time we were on the ship and we also had lunch at Le Grand Bistro (this is not an advertised perk...we offered to pay, the maître d said it was included). It was lovely to have quiet time on the ship and relax before heading to the airport for our late flight.