Just off majesty of seas yesterday

Let me start this off by saying I am a seasoned cruiser of over 20 cruises but have sailed only Carnival and Disney until now. I booked the feb 22 booking for a seven day Bahamas and key west on the majesty for myself, my two young kids (aged 8 and 6) and my mother in law(first time cruiser). We got a great deal and booked the four of us for an ocean view room. As the cruise got closer, I began to panic about the room as my mother in law is very claustrophobic and one of those people that said she would never enjoy a cruise. I ended up participating in the Royal up program with a strong bid 

for a two Bedroom suite. I was notified less than 18 hours from sailing my bid was unsuccessful. I was worried for NOTHING. Was the room tiny? Yes. Was it unclean? No. Was it survivable for 7 days? Absolutely. 
I didn’t have  extreme expectations. I’m happy with friendly, good service and banquet type food that I didn’t have to prepare or clean. Interestingly, I am a very good cook and a food snob. I’m from New Orleans originally and expect a lot out of food quality. The majesty did not disappoint. I do think that the food quality and taste was better than Disney. The specialty dining on Disney is out of this world but the day to day is kinda ho hum for me. The chefs table on Carnival is fantastic and I gotta say I was impressed with even the buffet on toyal

Caribbean ( not a buffet fan usually). The service was not Disney standards, but neither was the price... in a lot of ways it came very close and I do dare say succeeded my expectations. My 8 year old ordered steak and my wait staff cut up his food, just like Disney did. I liked the idea of a two day room cleaning, unlike carnival asking you to choose one. The service could not have been better on Royal and my hesitant mother in law enjoyed the heck out of it. It will definitely  not be the last royal I book. I was pleasantly surprised. I think if your expectations are to have a relaxed time with great food and service, this is the right cruise. This cruise snob highly recommends it! Let me know if y’all have any questions. Also, perfect day rivals Disney’s castaway. I was very, very impressed 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I was thinking about this cruise. Hubby and I just like to relax.  Not into all the activities. The ports are good for us and dying to try Perfect Day.  He was worried the ship is older and not as nice.  Glad to hear some good food reviews.  Did you find the ship to be pleasant overall?   

• Thanks 1

Very pleasant. My

mothet in law loved it. Disembarkation was kinda a mess but that was my ONLY complaint, if you even want to count that. We all had a great time. It’s an older ship, but tasteful and what it lacks in bells and whistles, it makes up for ten fold 

Our MDR waitress was from Bali and on the last night gave us her email and told us to let her know if we were ever there to look her up because she was happy to host us. Also said, another passenger on that cruise had taken her up on that offer last year and how much she enjoyed herself. Unbelievable!!

Thank you for this review.  Hubby and I are taking that cruise this October because I want to sail out of NOLA again (I love that long cruise down the Mississippi and we love having an excuse to visit NOLA), but I was a bit worried about the "older" ship and no solarium.  So I'm glad to hear it sounds like the perfect, relaxing cruise for us.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting! We are Platinum with NCL and booked Majesty to sail in May to experience NOLA and sailing out of it. I was a little worried until I read your post. Can't seem to find too much info on the website, but that could certainly could be me! I did read on CC that you could bring 2 bottles of wine on board per stateroom. Do you know if you pack it in your luggage or carry it on? Thanks again for your review.

2 hours ago, Kruizin'Kath said:

Do you know if you pack it in your luggage or carry it on? Thanks again for your review.

You must carry it on. You can also bring 12 bottles of water or soda, also carried on. 

We are on the March 21st Cruise. We decided on this cruise because of the price. And then worry started to sink in. We love Chops and knew it wasn’t part of this ship. It’s been many cruises since we ate exclusively in the MDR. We really aren’t foodies but we love a good meal. I’m still wrapping my head around this trip... and the smaller ship. I desperately need some time away... in the sun... near the ocean. Glad to hear that your trip was so good. Makes me even more excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums