$100 change fee no guarantee of FCC

zitsky

I have insurance including CFAR.  Just asked my TA. She tells me about $100 change fee.  She doesn't mention FCC.  I transferred the booking to her recently.  Would X answer questions about deposit?

Is the change fee $100pp? Or $100 total?   Do you have a NonRefundable Deposit?  Are you wanting to change the ship or sail date?   I’m not sure what the insurance has to do with this unless you are cancelling?  With more details we can probably help.

Your question is not entirely clear to me, but as a rule once your booking is with a travel agent, Celebrity won't discuss it with you.  They have paid the agent a commission, in exchange for the agent servicing the booking. 

Harris

Denver, CO

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Is the change fee $100pp? Or $100 total?   Do you have a NonRefundable Deposit?  Are you wanting to change the ship or sail date?   I’m not sure what the insurance has to do with this unless you are cancelling?  With more details we can probably help.

Change probably pp.  NRD.  Main thing is not getting confirmation of FCC.  Something to talk to TA about.  No not canceling *today* but obviously want to keep options open.

Edited by zitsky

If you have a Non Refundable Deposit and you cancel, change the ship or sailing date  Celebrity has a $100 pp administrative fee, the remainder of your deposit will be given in a Future Cruise Credit that needs to be used within12 months.  Your TA may have a additional charge for a cancellation, some are $50pp others are $100 pp some are 0.  

Am totally confused. You have a cruise planned with a NRD with a TA. Correct?

You have some sort of travel insurance?

You asked about FCC - future cruise credit. When is your cruise?

Thus has the cruise been cancelled? FCC would not come into play unless Celebrity cancelled your cruise. 

3 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Am totally confused. You have a cruise planned with a NRD with a TA. Correct?

You have some sort of travel insurance?

You asked about FCC - future cruise credit. When is your cruise?

Thus has the cruise been cancelled? FCC would not come into play unless Celebrity cancelled your cruise. 

Like everyone else on this board I am looking ahead to the future trying to decide whether to go or cancel.

Cruise is in Dec.  Final payment in Sep.

I'm asking a question about FCC. Do I know if my cruise will be canceled?  No.  How could I know that.

I'll talk to TA.

This is from the Celebrity website with respect to non-refundable deposits (sorry about the font ... this is how it came across):

Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a 100 USD per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100 USD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.

It looks like, according to the post by CruiseRaider, if you cancel now your deposit less fees comes back as a FCC, as jelayne explained. 

Third-party insurance does not come into play unless you want to claim your cancellation fees. It would probably be a better idea to see if you could transfer it to another booking if you have plans to travel in the next year or so.

If you cancel after final payment, then the CFAR will reimburse the designated amount of your nonrefundable expenses.

If Celebrity cancels the cruise, then they provide reimbursement. Insurance would cover any remaining nonrefundable expenses.

I’m not sure what you are asking, but it looks like all the bases have been covered.