Good time to book soon...?

My wife is freaking out about our European river cruise in late March & a little bit about our Carib on the Liberty out of Galveston in Nov.

However, I look at it as a good opportunity to book a cruise out of Galveston, either RCCL or Carnival, for April or May, as I assume there'll be some cancellations due to this flu hype/scare.

But unlike booking flights, where you can see how full the flights are & how many seats avail for each flights, you can't really see avail cabins for each cruise sailing.

Not sure if prices will be any lower in the next few days/weeks, but maybe a good time to book soon....?

Thanks,

I haven't really seen prices come down so far. If people continue to freak out then they might. Even if they do come down would you really want to be cruising with your wife freaking out?

52 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I haven't really seen prices come down so far. If people continue to freak out then they might....

Are you referring to all RCL cruises or just those out of Galveston? Because I can say from first-hand experience that they are definitely falling at other ports of embarkation.  I'm currently on a 7-day sailing on Jewel OTS that I just booked 10 days ago. I paid $175pp for an oversized OV cabin.  And at the time that I booked, next week's sailing (March 9th) was even cheaper at only $159pp.

I think that this is a great time to book cruises to take advantage of unbelievably low prices.

Friends asked us to join them on a Canada  / NE sailing in September on Adventure.  We're going to wait until last minute on that one.

Not sure who your river cruise is with but we have one booked on Viking in July.  Was extremely nervous until yesterday when Viking awarded all their river and ocean bookings 100% cfar coverage.  Up until 24 hours before sailing we can cancel and receive a FCC for 100% of cruise cost good for two years.  We booked our air through Viking so that's covered too.  

14 hours ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

I think that this is a great time to book cruises to take advantage of unbelievably low prices.

Booked 3 this last week. Haven't seen Price drops like this since right after 9-11/Anthrax Scare... Now if I had existing health issues wouldn't...

Edited by ONECRUISER

The prices are good, but you have to be prepared for changes to the published itinerary. Last week's Jewel sailing had to be changed becsuse Oman would not let the ship dock. Today, we are (or rather were) in Doha, Qatar for our scheduled port stop,  but the captain just announced that Qatar made a decision overnight to close the port to all cruise ships, and we had to leave immediately. So now we're headed out for a sea day and then on to Abu Dhabi tomorrow, which is a day earlier than scheduled. After an overnight there, we head back to Dubai where our "cruise" will end with 3 days and two nights docked at their port. That's all fine with me because Dubai has become one of my favorite cities in the world.

16 hours ago, trey420 said:

I saw 5 night cruise in Galveston going for 199 inside stateroom 5 night cruise. Best deal I've seen.

5 nights for March, April & May  (think the virus & scare will be done by June summer) on Enchantment out of Galveston are  still $309 + $85 tax/fees = $394 pp

Prices still seems normal & not much lowered discounts...