(Coronavirus) For those who are CURRENTLY on a NCL ship, notice anything different?

mrneva

On Gem now. Lots of hand sanitizer. Everywhere. No more condiments on the table. Single serve salt and pepper packets. Ketchup in a bowl. Public restroom doors are propped open (initially thought a bathroom was being cleaned, but then I realized it was all of them, so assuming this is just a thing now?). More staff at buffets helping to serve so there is less direct passenger interaction with the food. Drink stations roped off, staff serving you requested drinks. I haven't seen anyone wearing masks or gloves. 

I'm currently on the Escape, been here since Feb 22,  as of yesterday,they stepped up the sanitation. 

They serve you at the buffet, and lots of what I call super washy Washy. 

The staff on this ship is exceptional, working extra hard cleaning. 

• Like 1

Got off the Sky yesterday (3 Night).  Business as usual, self serve in buffet, condiments on tables. 

I would agree to say that hand sanitizing was increased and overall lots of cleaning happening on the ship.  It was a good cruise with the exception of disembarkation (which was a mess - took over an hour to get off the ship).

On 3/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, mrneva said:

Has anybody flown on an airplane recently? Were there a lot of empty seats?

We’ve been on 4 planes in the past week and all were full/oversold. Media sensationalism would make you believe that no one is leaving their homes. Have you been to your market or McDonalds lately? Are they all void of people?  

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We’ve been on 4 planes in the past week and all were full/oversold. Media sensationalism would make you believe that no one is leaving their homes. Have you been to your market or McDonalds lately? Are they all void of people?  

It depends on where you live. Seattle is very, very, quiet. Commute times into the city are down by 50%

43 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It's spring break time. I can't imagine every traveling college student or family is canceling their trips unless mandated.