"Your content will need to be approved by a moderator"

3 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

This message appears when trying to post a message in any topic/forum--and, it appears, when I try to start a new topic.

Am I on some kind of double secret probation?

You caught me 🙂 Sometimes we have this setting turned on for new memberships - to moderate the first post.  One of our tools in spam defense.  I was changing the setting to turn it OFF and I accidentally turned it ON FOR ALL POSTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!  In  the minute it took me to notice the mistake I made I now have 67 posts to approve 😛

So I guess I am human after all 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, pacruise804 said:

Thank you for the explanation Jenn (and sorry you had so much extra work 😉 ).  I saw a similar message and wondered what I did wrong 😮 

Thanks - at least it gave me a good chuckle! Monday-ist of Tuesdays ever

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just got this message when I tried to post in a thread on the Ask a Cruise Questions forum. In response to the question (posed by a moderator) it does mention a particular world-wide tour provider, but they are not a travel agent, and they are providing interesting content for people looking to get a travel fix at this time. 

Did I do wrong to post this?  Why does it need review?

@cruisemom42

Some company names or links will trigger the Approval Queue for Staff or Management (not Hosts or Moderators) which is one of the tools for spam defense that CC Help Jenn mentions above. This automatically requests a review of certain posts before allowing them to post. Possibly the company has spammed our boards before and a post with their info is automatically put in the Approval Queue or censored by the Cruise Critic software. See the following from the Guidelines:

"... Question: Why don't you allow us to post about other cruise sites? My post contains *** and then you removed it!  Answer:  Actually, we do allow the legitimate linking to information at another cruise site, as long as that link isn't posted in an attempt to drive traffic to that site (in the sole discretion of Cruise Critic), or if the posting of such site is meant to cause disruption within the community. If a website's url or name is replaced by a series of *****, it may mean that particular website had spammed our community with advertisements for their site, or that member(s) may have posted in a way that we consider self-promotion or advertising..."

Since CC Help Jenn is followng this thread I feel sure she will reply to you or review & possibly unlock the post. Just please be patient! emo34.gif