New Cancellation Policy for June and July Cruises

We cancelled today for our 7th June Getaway cruise out of Rome. Full refund from NCL. $220 cancellation fee from TA. Luckily had a points fight from Oz so will get refund on that. Will have to forfeit a couple of non refundable accommodation dates, but a great result for us I think. We were lucky NCL decreased final payment to 90 days otherwise we were outside of full refund. We will keep a close eye on proceedings. Just have to book another in the near future. 

1 hour ago, suron said:

Which ship are you on?  I am sailing 31st May also.  Am on Spirit on one of the newly created itineraries after the Asia cruises were cancelled.  Just hope cruise goes ahead 

It will be interesting to see what develops by then....! You may, or not, be aware the original plan was for Spirit to reposition from Rome to Japan via 4 long cruises totalling 80 days and have Yokohama as it's home port, doing repeat Japan & China cruises for the next couple of years, at least. With the outbreak that was changed, and the ship is now only going as far as Cape Town. The cruise scheduled for March 22 was originally going to Singapore, from Cape Town, with the cruise following completing the reposition in Yokohama.

They changed the itinerary, to get the ship back into Athens for the spring/summer/autumn season....that decision was taken a month ago when only China and some other Far East areas were affected. We are booked on that sailing, and now China cases are stabilising and falling with cases in Europe, and Italy (just across the Adriatic Sea from Greece, with daily ferries....eek) particularly out of control. By the time we arrive in Athens April 19th, it could be a disastrous picture......and China et al could (albeit unlikely) be virtually virus free by then!

Interesting times indeed.

2 hours ago, suron said:

Which ship are you on?  I am sailing 31st May also.  Am on Spirit on one of the newly created itineraries after the Asia cruises were cancelled.  Just hope cruise goes ahead 

Suron (Bristol, UK)

We're on the Encore from NYC to Bermuda.  

5 hours ago, nh2820 said:

We cancelled today for our 7th June Getaway cruise out of Rome. Full refund from NCL. $220 cancellation fee from TA. Luckily had a points fight from Oz so will get refund on that. Will have to forfeit a couple of non refundable accommodation dates, but a great result for us I think. We were lucky NCL decreased final payment to 90 days otherwise we were outside of full refund. We will keep a close eye on proceedings. Just have to book another in the near future. 

I'm confused by the 90 day thing.  Had you paid your full payment yet?  We have a June 18 getaway from Rome and our full payment was due 3 weeks ago.  We still want to wait things out and see how things go, but would be nice to know if and when we are able to still get a refund.  We also paid for a few flights with points and a couple others that are nonrefundable...but we will have an issue if our Europe to Europe flights get cancelled and the cruise does not, since we won't be able to get to Rome easily.  

1 hour ago, zeppgirl said:

I'm confused by the 90 day thing.  Had you paid your full payment yet?  We have a June 18 getaway from Rome and our full payment was due 3 weeks ago.  We still want to wait things out and see how things go, but would be nice to know if and when we are able to still get a refund.  We also paid for a few flights with points and a couple others that are nonrefundable...but we will have an issue if our Europe to Europe flights get cancelled and the cruise does not, since we won't be able to get to Rome easily.  

I'm on the June 18th Getaway also.  It is my understanding that we can still cancel for 2 more weeks and receive a full refund.  My question is will they refund the amount I paid for NCL insurance also.  I used points on from my NCL MC to upgrade and I figure I'll loose those.  Not that bad.

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

I'm on the June 18th Getaway also.  It is my understanding that we can still cancel for 2 more weeks and receive a full refund.  My question is will they refund the amount I paid for NCL insurance also.  I used points on from my NCL MC to upgrade and I figure I'll loose those.  Not that bad.

Thanks!  I guess we can see how things go the next 2 weeks.  I would really hate to cancel.  Would hope they would refund the insurance, plus anything else paid towards the cruise (like taxes/tips).  

My company is now clamping down on all business travel and encouraging personal travel to be reviewed.  I am concerned it will become more than encouraging and I did not get the cancel for any reason insurance but I also am not going to lose my job over a cruise.  Hoping things calm down in the next few months

My husband’s hospital system has stopped all business travel overseas, any medical staff traveling to Italy, China ,etc must self quarantine for 2 weeks after arrival home and are not allowed to work

My kid’s colleges are going to on-line type teaching after the coming spring break.

Any students traveling to Asia or Europe will not be allowed on campus or in the dorms for 2 weeks after returning

Not sure how they are going to enforce this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums