Guarantee.

jeanine

It's a puzzle for sure. You have to accept the possibility of getting a Cat E which to me are the worst on the ship- sideways, no sofa, smallest. Benefit (?) obstructed view. I took a guarantee on an April Tahiti- SF route just because last time we did Tahiti-LA an in an aft A2 (paid $500 upsell- luckout). Now we know what perfection is and were willing to accept lesser because we have the sweet memory of the best. If it were me I'd roll the dice and do the guarantee, but that's just me.

15 hours ago, Petoonya said:

It's a puzzle for sure. You have to accept the possibility of getting a Cat E which to me are the worst on the ship- sideways, no sofa, smallest. Benefit (?) obstructed view. I took a guarantee on an April Tahiti- SF route just because last time we did Tahiti-LA an in an aft A2 (paid $500 upsell- luckout). Now we know what perfection is and were willing to accept lesser because we have the sweet memory of the best. If it were me I'd roll the dice and do the guarantee, but that's just me.

Seriously, in the R ships  I have experienced everything frrom PH to F.      That said, I will in the future take the F because of location  and a better bathroom  ( hate the tub shower combo)

Also, keep in mind that you may not know your room until the last minute.  On one of our cruises, a couple on our roll call didn't know their room until a few days before the cruise.  That much suspense may or may not bother you, if it were to happen.  

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

Seriously, in the R ships  I have experienced everything frrom PH to F.      That said, I will in the future take the F because of location  and a better bathroom  ( hate the tub shower combo)

Seriously

There are no tub/shower  combos on the lower cabin cat on the R ships  A to F

2 hours ago, Issyalex said:

If the guarantee cabin was a lot cheaper than choosing your cabin then I’d go with the guarantee cabin. I’ve never had a bad cabin on any ship, big or small.

In my experience guarantees on Oceania seem to never be cheaper, other than you might be able to book a lower category. Unlike most mass market cruise lines. 

22 hours ago, jeanine said:

We have the option to book either a guarantee or choose an available cabin, what should I do? We are listed for the lowest inside cabin. We could choose a handicapped inside

I wasn't able to book a guarantee for my Marina cruise in June. I went for the least expensive inside that was available. We were given a handicap cabin which is bigger than a regular inside. I would have booked as a guarantee if I could. There are only 18 insides on the O ships so the likelihood of an upgrade on a popular well selling cruise would be likely. It depends on when and where your cruise is. I always go for guarantees if I can, but rarely does O offer them.

Edited by susiesan

2 minutes ago, jeanine said:

Our cruise is in July Oslo to Norway!

With everyone canceling summer cruises now I'd definitely go for the guarantee. There are lots of openings with lots of cancellations on close in cruises. Or is that why you are able to book as a guarantee, O is trying to fill the ship?