Carnival Magic Grand Turk Friday March 6th

2 hours ago, sra12574 said:

I'm  booked  on  a  cruise  on the  Magic  and  I'm  concerned . There are  people  on  that  ship  that  have  something  that  the  local  government  is  concerned  about   . Is  Carnival  going to  replace  the  staff  members  tha t  have  been  in  contact  with  these  travelers  on the  next  cruise  or  are  they  going to  let potential  carriers  infect  future  guests?Even  if  they  pull  them  for  one  cruise  that  would  be  something  to  help  control  these illnesses.

The local government is concerned about ANY illness.  I suppose in this climate of caution, that's understandable.  but...did you feel that way before this?  Did you feel that any staff with a cold should have to go home for at least a cruise length?  If what I've read in the news article is accurate, this is just another example of an island being overly cautious..which is understandable.  You taking it to the extreme of thinking "there's something on this ship!" is just feeding into that.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

The local government is concerned about ANY illness.  I suppose in this climate of caution, that's understandable.  but...did you feel that way before this?  Did you feel that any staff with a cold should have to go home for at least a cruise length?  If what I've read in the news article is accurate, this is just another example of an island being overly cautious..which is understandable.  You taking it to the extreme of thinking "there's something on this ship!" is just feeding into that.  

Thank you, very nicely put.

• Like 1

Noticed lots of white shirt crew all over public areas this morning. Lido buffet now being served by crew only, including silverware and plates. Must have had to scrounge up extra crew because one guy was naming all the food on the buffet line to a group of crew so they would know what to serve when asked. I'll keep my eye open for other changes..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, czechcruzr said:

Noticed lots of white shirt crew all over public areas this morning. Lido buffet now being served by crew only, including silverware and plates. Must have had to scrounge up extra crew because one guy was naming all the food on the buffet line to a group of crew so they would know what to serve when asked. I'll keep my eye open for other changes..

That's good and a shame it's necessary but you can not depend on people to WASH their hands which is something I will never understand and why when possible I don't eat at the buffet. All of that aside, I honestly hope you guys get to enjoy your cruise, we are on this itinerary on May 9.

5 hours ago, czechcruzr said:

Way ahead of you. Can confirm they are also serving ice cream. Not sure if some poor soul has to stand there 24hours. Time will tell. 

20200307_135632.jpg

I am happy to see this!  On our last cruise I never got an ice cream cone even though I wanted one.  Kids should NOT be allowed to serve themselves at the ice cream station.🙄

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pamesacruisin said:

I am happy to see this!  On our last cruise I never got an ice cream cone even though I wanted one.  Kids should NOT be allowed to serve themselves at the ice cream station.🙄

I think this is something most people agree on!

• Like 1

Im leaving on the Magic on the 22nd so ive been following this story closely. Not sure how true this is but my TA said that there are rumors that Grand Turk may close its port for a month and Carnival would redirect its cruises (mostly to Nassau). Id rather go to Grand Turk as im sure most would but im just wondering how true this is because the more im reading into this story the more its seeming like Grand Turk is taking ZERO chances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matymil said:

Im leaving on the Magic on the 22nd so ive been following this story closely. Not sure how true this is but my TA said that there are rumors that Grand Turk may close its port for a month and Carnival would redirect its cruises (mostly to Nassau). Id rather go to Grand Turk as im sure most would but im just wondering how true this is because the more im reading into this story the more its seeming like Grand Turk is taking ZERO chances. 

I hope not!! I'm on the Pride Saturday and we chose our cruise because of Grand Turk! I really hope we get to go. The other two stops are Freeport (which I'm not excited about) and Princess Cays.

3 hours ago, matymil said:

Lord, I hope not.  We love Grand Turk and will be there next week.  I am not a Nassau fan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matymil said:

We're also going on the Magic on 22nd! That's my concern too. I think I would honestly rather change my trip to Aug. then set sail and have the ports close on us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, QBanQT22 said:

We're also going on the Magic on 22nd! That's my concern too. I think I would honestly rather change my trip to Aug. then set sail and have the ports close on us.

That’s why the new cancel policy is a help. I can understand switching cruises if missing ports would be a big deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ccturner26 said:

Lord, I hope not.  We love Grand Turk and will be there next week.  I am not a Nassau fan.

Its official they switched it, at least for the cruise that left today on the Magic

• Like 1

Organized Chaos is on a ship right now, out of Miami, I believe but don't hold me to it. He posted that they diverted from Grand Turk to Nassau. So that seems to be the case for now....no Carnival ships to Grand Turk. Bummer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, matymil said:

Its official they switched it, at least for the cruise that left today on the Magic

Did you get a notification via email? I just need to make sure to cancel our golf cart if it happens. Such a bummer!

3 minutes ago, ccturner26 said:

Did you get a notification via email? I just need to make sure to cancel our golf cart if it happens. Such a bummer!

Not yet, I'm sure they are swamped with everything going on. Word on the street is that GT is closed for 30 days. I also got a golf cart.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, Nessa55 said:

That's good and a shame it's necessary but you can not depend on people to WASH their hands which is something I will never understand and why when possible I don't eat at the buffet. All of that aside, I honestly hope you guys get to enjoy your cruise, we are on this itinerary on May 9.

Are you with the Mr. Smooth Cruise on May 9th?  Looking forward to a wonderful time.....

2 minutes ago, DivaDeb said:

Are you with the Mr. Smooth Cruise on May 9th?  Looking forward to a wonderful time.....

No I'm not but they sound like fun and like yourself I am looking forward to having a wonderful time as well.  Just got a call last night from one of my couples who are looking to cancel, it's a shame but to each his/her own, I need this vacation.

For the record, I was on that cruise and we debarked at Port Everglades this morning on time and without issue.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, Nessa55 said:

Early in the cruise I was in the Lido deck men's room and a guy walked out of a stall, a stall mind you, not a urinal which would have been bad enough, and walks straight out the door without a thought of washing his hands! What are people thinking?

16 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

For the record, I was on that cruise and we debarked at Port Everglades this morning on time and without issue.

Early in the cruise I was in the Lido deck men's room and a guy walked out of a stall, a stall mind you, not a urinal which would have been bad enough, and walks straight out the door without a thought of washing his hands! What are people thinking?

Yep happens in the ladies room as well. People are just plain nasty and we have to suffer for it.