Did Anyone Else Receive TWO Emails From Princess?

cujosmom

Late on Thurs, May 5 at 11:14 PM I received an email from Princess; Subject was Booking Notification. At first glance I didn't see anything different from my current Booking Confirmation. After reviewing it the next day I noticed a new line item had been added at the bottom that said: Onboard Credit Adj: $15.97 (per person) with no other explanation. 

Then on Friday, May 6 at 1:35 AM, I received (what everyone else has received) another email with subject: New Cancellation Policy Changes.

The sailing is the March 26th TransAtlantic. My husband thinks Princess already knew they would be missing a port and the Onboard Credit Adjustment is for the a port charge credit...speculation only.

Anyone else get 2 emails like this within hours? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I could call Princess and ask but I really don't want to be on hold for 2 hours to ask a simple question.

My cruise is in June and payment was affected due to this change and still no email.  Payment should have been yesterday so you would have thought email should have shown up telling me of the changes.

3 hours ago, Joy12345 said:

I didn’t receive any emails. Not even the New Cancellation Policy Changes. My departure date is still 3 months away but I’m wondering why I didn’t even get that email. 

The new cancellation policy only affects cruises till the end of May

2 hours ago, afurman said:

My cruise is in June and payment was affected due to this change and still no email.  Payment should have been yesterday so you would have thought email should have shown up telling me of the changes.

check your booking and it is changed when final payment is due, I didn't get an email but when I checked my booking it stated May 1, and my cruise is in June

19 minutes ago, EV2008 said:

check your booking and it is changed when final payment is due, I didn't get an email but when I checked my booking it stated May 1, and my cruise is in June

Mine changed this morning 30 days out.  But no email from Princess or Costco.

Sometimes the OBC mentioned is a result of foreign exchange rates changing the amount of port fees, etc. that a cruise line has to pay in USD.

Happened to us on a South American trip.

Edited by thinfool
  • Like 2

I too got a rock! Still no email. The new cancellation policy does not apply as my sailing is in a June, but that does qualify for the new 60 days for final payment and no penalties will be applied prior to that date.

I didn't get an email either and our ship leaves May 28th for British Isles cruise.  I feel neglected. I did get an email from Tours by Locals saying if we have to cancel due to coronavirus, we will get a refund. 

Oops never mind it went to my spam.  

Edited by cruisegal415
corrected answer