COMEDIANS CANCEL?

RDHcruiser21

We are booked on Vista for 03/28/20 and are undecided if we want to cancel yet or not.  We are all healthy but don't like the idea of being quarantined for 2 additional weeks or missing ports.  In addition, my husband brought up the concern of comedians canceling due to virus concerns.  Has anyone heard of comedians, musicians, etc.  canceling due to this?  Thanks!

1 minute ago, RDHcruiser21 said:

We are booked on Vista for 03/28/20 and are undecided if we want to cancel yet or not.  We are all healthy but don't like the idea of being quarantined for 2 additional weeks or missing ports.  In addition, my husband brought up the concern of comedians canceling due to virus concerns.  Has anyone heard of comedians, musicians, etc.  canceling due to this?  Thanks!

No have not heard of any of those entertainment cancellations happening.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RDHcruiser21 said:

We are cruising May 16th, no plans to cancel. However, we booked an Aft balcony so quarantine would be less stressful, my husband is retired and I can work remotely so it's a different situation. Everyone has to decide what's best for them. I'm sure they would just replace them, plenty of Comedians that probably need the work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last week on the Magic we had a switch in the entertainer which had been scheduled in the main show lounge. They'd been advertising Marcus Anthony, a singer entertainer:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcus-anthony-65167816

But when the curtain opened, it was a juggler/comedian who coincidentally was also named Marcus. (Marcus Morris maybe? His initials were definitely M.M.) No complaints there, because the juggler was very funny and a good show. He started out by joking they told everyone it was going to be Marcus Anthony because no one would be in there if they had said it was going to be a juggler. 😃

All the Punchliner comedians were there though.

Edited by Earthworm Jim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Last week on the Magic we had a switch in the entertainer which had been scheduled in the main show lounge. They'd been advertising Marcus Anthony, a singer entertainer:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcus-anthony-65167816

But when the curtain opened, it was a juggler/comedian who coincidentally was also named Marcus. (Marcus Morris maybe? His initials were definitely M.M.) No complaints there, because the juggler was very funny and a good show. He started out by joking they told everyone it was going to be Marcus Anthony because no one would be in there if they had said it was going to be a juggler. 😃

All the Punchliner comedians were there though.

Marcus Monroe... he was great! Awkwardly funny! I appreciated his show!

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, gratamama said:

I'm still on the fence about our April 11 cruise, but I am concerned about employees (esp. entertainment folks) jumping from one ship to another.

I was thinking the same thing.  After all of the issues that Princess has had after crew members from the Diamond Princess and Grand Princess transferred to other Princess ships, I would be surprised if any cruise line would allow comedians or other fly on entertainers move from ship to ship.

• Like 1