Carnival Cancellation Policy?!

athe0007

I've gotten two emails from Carnival. The first said you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance and the second said 30 days. The second also said that you can cancel online using "My Cruise Manager," but I can't find an option to do so. Does anyone know what's going on? If you call them it just hangs up on you. 

I've gotten two emails from Carnival. The first said you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance and the second said 30 days. The second also said that you can cancel online using "My Cruise Manager," but I can't find an option to do so. Does anyone know what's going on? If you call them it just hangs up on you. 

Edited by Host Kat
OP's threads merged & now on the correct forum.

1 minute ago, athe0007 said:

When are you cruising?

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

My guess is you booked online, there are posts that talk to where on the cruise manager page it is.  

Yes, we booked on line. I found the Cruise Manager, but couldn't find an option to cancel. Where are these posts? Thanks for your reply. 

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thanks....

I found this, but for a different cruise it just says:

$889.28 Balance due by Jul 14, 2020
View cancellation information

If you cancel your booking today, the penalty amount would be $250.00.

Edited by athe0007

Now:

OH... UM, OOPS?

Looks like we’re experiencing a problem with carnival.com. Sorry! We’re already working on fixing it up — check back a little bit later, or give us a call now at 1-888-CARNIVAL.

15 minutes ago, athe0007 said:

I found this, but for a different cruise it just says:

$889.28 Balance due by Jul 14, 2020
View cancellation information

If you cancel your booking today, the penalty amount would be $250.00.

They are explaining the charges, the 250 can be used as a future credit.  In the future, uses a TA or PVP, they are the experts.  

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Personal Vacation Planner, they are tied to Carnival, but ast as your travel agent for Carnival cruising.

But don't you have to access them through the Carnival phone number? That doesn't seem to be working currently. 

4 minutes ago, athe0007 said:

But don't you have to access them through the Carnival phone number? That doesn't seem to be working currently. 

They are both overloaded, keep trying, you have a little time, I would keep trying sporadically, maybe late in the evening online.  

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

They are both overloaded, keep trying, you have a little time, I would keep trying sporadically, maybe late in the evening online.  

We haven't made a decision yet. I'm just confused by the conflicting info, 48 hours or 30 days. 

Wow!!! Just got this headline notice, "Princess Cruises just suspended its operations for 2 months due to coronavirus"

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-princess-cruises-suspends-operations-2-months-covid-19-2020-3?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=referral

Just now, athe0007 said:

We haven't made a decision yet. I'm just confused by the conflicting info, 48 hours or 30 days. 

Wow!!! Just got this headline notice, "Princess Cruises just suspended its operations for 2 months due to coronavirus"

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-princess-cruises-suspends-operations-2-months-covid-19-2020-3?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=referral

They are talking about separate things, the cruising world is in a very dynamic state.