Carnival Cancellation Policy?!

athe0007

In order to use OBC for excursions they will need to be booked onboard. OBC is for purchases onboard, not prior to your cruise. You absolutely can use it for gratuities, just don’t pre pay them online before you sail. 

4 hours ago, athe0007 said:

So I rebooked a new cruise and should get the $100 on board credit, but I have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I know you can use this credit for excursions, but what happens if you book and pay for those excursions now. Can you later use the credit to get refunded for them?! Or does it only apply to excursions you book while on the ship? Does anyone know if you can use this $300 credit to pay for gratuities? 

4 hours ago, athe0007 said:

• Like 1

So here is my questions. i am booked on the June 6, 2020 on the Panorama. 

1. I see the price has dropped.  Should I put in for a price adjustment? Cruise is paid off. And if i do this will get an OBC for not canceling the cruise??? If so how much? ( $ 600)??

Thanks in advance

I keep reading with the high call volume to canx cruises using the online form, but can't find the form. Did a search on carnival's website, pretty much useless. Anyone have a link? Completely understand carnival's phone lines being swamped, but they REALLY gotta do better with their online info. Maybe that's why their phones are swamped!

We were sent the link for the form by our travel agent.  Email from Travel agent said, no need to call them, just follow the link, fill it out and it send.

I filled out the form - took a screen shot with my phone, and hit send.

No response from Carnival that it was received.  My reservation is still showing on their website.

CRocks..... 

When is your cruise, are you just looking to cancel all together or are you eligible for one of the offers? 

I have seen a few options in the last week or so:

https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

This option to cancel online

Log into your Carnival account-Look for Red Banner/Flag that says XX days till cruising and click

On the top of the page look for “Booking & Order Details”, look for “your bookings”

Next to the “Paid In Full” choose “View Balance Details” and look for “View Cancellation Information”.

This is also where you should see the total that you are going to be getting for your FCC

*The most recent offer issued due to Carnival canceling, I don't have the form, it is apparently being emailed to guests affected

Seen but not sure if it's valid >>There is also a tweet from Carnival floating around that says if you made any changes on or after 3/1 we will honor the refund or new FCC offer. Please email guestcare@carnival.com to have this adjusted (email booking # and request) 

Edited by TakeMeAway1001
Forgot to quote OP

SO! I finally got in touch in Carnival on the phone! And...I learned some important things:
1) If you've chosen either full refund or FCC (for a cruise that meets conditions) you still have to cancel your cruise (even if you know it's not sailing), before you can transfer the funds and FCC to another cruise. This can be done online or on the phone (see instructions above).
2) Most importantly I learned that it doesn't have to be a new cruise to transfer, it can be an existing future cruise! 

Edited by athe0007

8 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

In order to use OBC for excursions they will need to be booked onboard. OBC is for purchases onboard, not prior to your cruise. You absolutely can use it for gratuities, just don’t pre pay them online before you sail. 

Thank you for this information!  When I talked to a Carnival rep online I verified that this is true. However, while researching it myself I found that it's not true for all cruise lines. Some lines will allow you to make purchases with an OBC before you're on the ship, but Carnival is not one of them.

12 minutes ago, athe0007 said:

SO! I finally got in touch in Carnival on the phone! And...I learned some important things:
1) If you've chosen either full refund or FCC (for a cruise that meets conditions) you still have to cancel your cruise (even if you know it's not sailing), before you can transfer the funds and FCC to another cruise. This can be done online or on the phone (see instructions above).

2) Most importantly I learned that it doesn't have to be a new cruise to transfer, it can be an existing future cruise! 

Your second point is very good news.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

This was my cancellation experience handled by supervisors at my big box store and Carnival (I won't get into why supervisors were involved).  Anyhow, the big box supervisor has called me three times now.  Today on her final call this is what I was told by her:

Sailing Date:  March 14, 2020 Carnival Vista

1.  If you choose to take the FCC the $600 onboard credit (we had a 7 night cruise) only applies to NEW bookings.  We have a mardi gras cruise booked for next spring break 2021.  If we apply the FCC...which we can...but then no additional $600 onboard credit.   

2.  They are calling this "incident FCC" and the rules are different from normal FCC but after speaking with multiple Carnival supervisors they don't know the exact rules and rules of "incident FCC" are subject to change.  They don't have an exact date you have to decide by according to Carnival and Big Box Supervisor (Yes I know there have been postings that say you have to decide by end of March)

3.  They have a retroactive cut-off date for applying the new rules.  I cancelled my March 14, 2020 cruise on March 10, 2020 and my travel agent had a special form to apply the new offer retroactively.  It depends on when you cancelled.

4.  If you cancel a cruise you booked using the incident FCC then you will get the FCC back .  

With all the uncertainty I chose to get a full refund.  

WILL NOT STOP CRUISING!  LOVE IT!

Edited by ginger123snaps
people wanted more info

6 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

1.  If you choose to take the FCC the $600 onboard credit (we had a 7 night cruise) only applies to NEW bookings. 

Hmmm....That's not what the rep told me! I'll have to try it to see. I'll let people know the results. 

5 minutes ago, athe0007 said:

Hmmm....That's not what the rep told me! I'll have to try it to see. I'll let people know the results. 

This is exactly why the big box supervisors called carnival supervisors and spoke to several at Carnival.  

My big box supervisor called Carnival multiple times to get answers and each time she had to speak with a supervisor.  She said the answers she was getting from Carnival reps were inconsistent.  Each time she called she spoke with the general Carnival rep and then asked to be transferred to a carnival supervisor.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

This was my cancellation experience handled by supervisors at my big box store and Carnival (I won't get into why supervisors were involved).  Anyhow, the big box supervisor has called me three times now.  Today on her final call this is what I was told by her:

1.  If you choose to take the FCC the $600 onboard credit (we had a 7 night cruise) only applies to NEW bookings.  We have a mardi gras cruise booked for next spring break 2021.  If we apply the FCC...which we can...but then no additional $600 onboard credit.   

2.  They are calling this "incident FCC" and the rules are different from normal FCC but after speaking with multiple Carnival supervisors they don't know the exact rules and rules of "incident FCC" are subject to change.  They don't have an exact date you have to decide by according to Carnival and Big Box Supervisor (Yes I know there have been postings that say you have to decide by end of March)

3.  They have a retroactive cut-off date for applying the new rules.  I cancelled my March 14, 2020 cruise on March 10, 2020 and my travel agent had a special form to apply the new offer retroactively.  It depends on when you cancelled.

4.  If you cancel a cruise you booked using the incident FCC then you will get the FCC back .  

With all the uncertainty I chose to get a full refund.  

WILL NOT STOP CRUISING!  LOVE IT!

All good info, thanks! I cancelled and rescheduled my April 4th cruise on March 6th, depending on the retroactive cut off date I might qualify for the $600 OBC. Also very good to know I can use the FCC for an existing reservation if the rescheduled Cruise doesn’t work out. 

So I just submitted a transfer form. It seemed to be accepted without error, but I don't believe it was processed automatically.  My bet is that it goes to a person who then has to make the changes and that's going to take some time. I'll update when I get final confirmation. 

You must cancel your "canceled" cruise first!

My TA sent me the link to fill out to request the FCC on my own since Carnival's hold times are so long.  I did it and haven't gotten anything from Carnival.  She then filled out something on her end asking my FCC to be transferred to the booking I have on hold ASAP since the hold expires Wednesday.  This was all Saturday evening and as of now, both my cruises are still showing with the one being as a hold.

My TA submitted the form to transfer the FCC to a booking she put a hold on for me on Saturday.  Still hasn't happened.  So definitely takes at least a couple of days.  I keep checking because even though I canceled when I log in it shows the canceled cruise and the hold one.

1 hour ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

CRocks..... 

When is your cruise, are you just looking to cancel all together or are you eligible for one of the offers? 

I have seen a few options in the last week or so:

This option to cancel online

Log into your Carnival account-Look for Red Banner/Flag that says XX days till cruising and click

On the top of the page look for “Booking & Order Details”, look for “your bookings”

Next to the “Paid In Full” choose “View Balance Details” and look for “View Cancellation Information”.

This is also where you should see the total that you are going to be getting for your FCC

*The most recent offer issued due to Carnival canceling, I don't have the form, it is apparently being emailed to guests affected

Seen but not sure if it's valid >>There is also a tweet from Carnival floating around that says if you made any changes on or after 3/1 we will honor the refund or new FCC offer. Please email guestcare@carnival.com to have this adjusted (email booking # and request) 

Thanx much, just what I was lookin for!

Anyone know if Carnival is sticking with the 30 days prior to sailing window to cancel?  I'm speaking specifically about a May 30th sailing.  Initial indications were that we had to decide by 3/31 whether to cancel with FCC or accept OBC.  Now I've seen something on this thread about deciding 30 days prior although I've heard nothing official from Carnival.  With other cruise lines allowing cancel/FCC until 48 hours before sailing, it seems unusual that Carnival would stick with the 30 days prior to sailing window.

My March 29 cruise that was cancelled by Carnival on March 13 still shows on my Cruise Manager.

I haven't yet chosen an option, nor have I made a decision on our September cruise.

It's taking awhile for all of their systems to synchronize.

And it has taken me several days to reach the point of just sitting back for a short while before doing anything.  Patience is a virtue I have yet to develop fully.