Cruise deposit

sun&sea

I am a little confused about the deposit. It looks as though it now requires a $400 deposit, not $200. (I haven't booked for a while). The FCD I booked when we were on the Sky in Feb is for $100/pp. How does this work? Use one and pay $100/pp.?

Thanks,

Janet

29 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

Okay thanks. I have a FCD, my sister does not. So I assume she pays $200?

She pays whatever the website shows as a deposit.

If you meant that the deposit was a total of $400 ($200 X 2), then she pays $200.

If the deposit was $400pp, then she pays $400.

You already paid your deposit ($100), will receive OBC and will have a higher balance due at final payment.

18 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

You get the bragging rights.  Tell her next time ti listen to you and get the FCD.

This was to be her first cruise! We were booked April 12th on the Regal. Planned it for over a year. Super sad it got cancelled, BUT we would like to re-book. Our cruise is not really cancelled, just postponed!! Just trying to figure out how to put a deposit down without calling Princess right now. We will have a fairly large amount of refund in the form of credit, so I don't really want to pay a lot of money at this point. Thanks for your help!

Janet

I would wait. Nothing is happening for at least 60 days and I think it's fair to say that the whole cruise industry will be reeling from this knock-back for some time after the all-clear is issued.

Until there's an effective vaccine available to all, the chances of future cruises being cancelled are high, so you may find yourself in the same boa...er...position if you re-book too soon.

Our cruise is booked for 5/17, so we miss out on the 60-day offers although we are still n the window to get a full refunbd except for the deposit, which will be an FCC. We will lose out on insurance and a non-refundable hotel booking, but it could hgave been a lot worse. We still have a little over a week before we get to a 50/50 refund/FCC situation, so with things changing by the hour, we'll wait as long as we can before ending the stress!