Armonia December 18, 2020

Amy Paperlady

So, we just booked the December 18 sailing from Tampa a week or so ago, and I've been rather obsessively researching ever since (not that I wasn't researching obsessively before, this has just been more focused 😉 ). I just realized that, since Armonia won't be in Tampa until November, there aren't any sample daily programs for our itinerary (I have seen Scott Singer's programs from just before the drydock--I ignored the port days and just looked at embarkation, sea days, and disembarkation). After further digging, the first sailing with our itinerary is November 20--ours is only the second! There's not really going to be any useful info as far as schedules much before we go, is there? Would it do any good to put out an appeal for sample daily programs for 4 night Armonia cruises with one sea day, or are the schedules different enough for each itinerary that it'd be worthless?

Why, yes, I do tend to overthink things, how could you tell?

I would suggest programs will not be available. Regardless you will have a wonderful time. We have been on the Armonia two times and enjoy the ship. On the 4 night Armonia cruises I believe you go to Ocean Cay, right? One good thing to note: several of the bigger ships have had to bypass Ocean Cay when weather is inclement such as very high winds. When we were at Ocean Cay in November one of the Officers told us that the Armonia was the only ship to never have to cancel Ocean Cay. You will thorougly enjoy it. We live on the west coast of Florida and are so happy the Armonia is coming to Tampa.  Enjoy!

Edited by cellfree
typo

I think if you are just trying to get a feel for what kinds of activities will be offered putting feelers out for similar cruises will be helpful.  If you want to know exact times and stuff though I think you are out of luck.  You might try visiting the roll call for the sailing before yours to see if anyone is willing to upload daily programs during their cruise as some people do enjoy doing live reviews.  Worth a shot anyway.

Armonia is a small but great ship.  Our cruise last December was our favorite cruise ever and we had a couple of iteniary disruptions that made our schedules go topsy turvy anyway.  You should have a good time.  🙂

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, quattrohead said:

I just booked on the week before, fingers crossed for all systems go.

My husband and I are seriously considering the same seven day cruise (or the one leaving on December 4).

As Tampa port is an hour away from our home, we don't have to worry about transportation or lodgings.

If MSC uses the same rigorous embarkation screening  and on board procedures as they used on out Armonia cruise that departed on March 9, 2020 , we will feel safe cruising on the ship.