Celebrity Summit - February 29, 2020 and COVID-19

hvbaskey

10 hours ago, gotcha3 said:

How did these people get home from the cruise? Is it possible that the cruise was NOT the source of the infection, but rather the airport, plane, etc, etc?

The Government of Canada (Federal Level) specifically calls out the cruise ship with “confirmed" cases.   On the Silhouette thread, more info is posted there of a passenger who was symptomatic on the cruise.

Edited by hvbaskey

2 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Oh yes, you are right. I hadn’t noticed that. I was just shocked to see three Celebrity ships listed. And so many flights listed as well. 
The Summit departed from SAN Juan ( not Fort Lauderdale) but did return to Fort Lauderdale and was longer, as they were denied at San Juan. So that dates are right on that one. 

Im not sure about the other sailings, but I believe the Solstice had to disembark at a different port as well. 

BB285D3C-2974-4044-B9D0-587906677909.jpeg

The departure / arrival ports of the Summit/Silhouette have been mixed up in the data entry.    Solstice did leave Auckland and finished in Sydney.   Many passengers had to disembark in Dunedin on March 10th due to restrictions in Australia.  One of the passengers from NZ who disembarked in Dunedin was COVID positive.

1 minute ago, hvbaskey said:

Scroll down past the flights and there is a “Cruise” section.

2071092812_ScreenShot2020-03-29at9_34_25AM.thumb.png.ee7f5da473c7eb0dc6ffb032dcfc162c.png

Yep! I saw that. It says CONFIRMED COVID 19 cases, right? I don’t see where it says “Source of Covid 19. I think there’s a big difference reporting that’s where the SOURCE was, as apposed to a reported case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Actually, as a Canadian, I am not embarrassed.   The dates may be incorrect - but at least they are notifying the public.  

This is more than what Celebrity has done.

The dates are incorrect and the ports of embarkation are incorrect.

42 minutes ago, Briguy071 said:

Well it finally took a long time For our test results but my wife and I tested positive for covid-19.  We were on the summit February 29-March 7.  
We have both been feeling better for about a week. 

I am sorry you posted positive, but, happy to hear you are both feeling better.  Thank you so much for the update.  Take care!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Briguy071 said:

Well it finally took a long time For our test results but my wife and I tested positive for covid-19.  We were on the summit February 29-March 7.  

Oh wow. I’m so sorry to hear this. Also glad to hear you both fully recovered. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Briguy071 said:

Sorry to hear that you both tested positive, but at least you know why you were not feeling well.   Sincerely hope your health continues to improve and wishing you both the very best.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Briguy071 said:

Glad you are feeling better! We were on the same sailing and began feeling symptoms on March 10. We also finally received my husbands results and it came back negative. We do not believe the results based on how we felt. There were also issues with the lab testing his sample that has resulted in that lab no longer being used by our local hospital... We have also found a lot of info about inaccurate results. I declined being tested due to the limited number of tests as we felt our results would be the same. Wish I had been tested now... We have been feeling better the past week as well. Thank you for your update! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kdex said:

Glad you are feeling better! We were on the same sailing and began feeling symptoms on March 10. We also finally received my husbands results and it came back negative. We do not believe the results based on how we felt. There were also issues with the lab testing his sample that has resulted in that lab no longer being used by our local hospital... We have also found a lot of info about inaccurate results. I declined being tested due to the limited number of tests as we felt our results would be the same. Wish I had been tested now... We have been feeling better the past week as well. Thank you for your update! 

Glad you are both feeling better as well. Very unfortunate that there were issues with your lab.  
stay safe safe.  

• Thanks 1

I found this thread yesterday since I hadn't been on Cruise Critic since January.  We were on Vision of the Seas from Jan. 25 - Feb. 15th.  Then we were on the Summit Feb. 15-March 7th.

During our last week of Feb. 29 th my husband came down with the runny nose,  sore throat, and cough.  But he slept it off and it didn't develop into anything serious.  The day before we left the ship I came down with the same symptoms.  The Sunday we arrived home I had a fever and felt horrible.  I had ER visits on March 9 and March 13.  Tests were run on the 9th and it was diagnosed as the rhino virus - the common cold.  No antibiotics given because it was viral.  My symptoms continued to get worse and on the 13th I was diagnosed with pneumonia and the

COVID-19 test was administered.  I was given two antibiotics the z pack and Augmentin, an inhaler, and cough medicine. I was very ill for about 10 more days. My breathing was impaired and I ran a fever for days.  I could only have a phone visit with my doctor because my test didn't come back.  She extended the Augmentin.  Days went by and I had no test results.  So I was on the phone being frustrated as well as being sick.  I finally got my results on Wednesday, March 25th.  The results were negative.  But I feel like Kdex my results are not accurate. 

As I read this thread I feel vindicated seeing that other people did test positive after sailing on the Summit.  I feel Celebrity should have to state that it did occur.  I appreciate the reports from Canada and the other people who posted.

I'm feeling better but I'm still gaining my strength back.  I still tire easily and nap often.  I'm not going out because of my weakened immune system. 

Thank you for reading and my wish and prayer for everyone that reads this is that you stay healthy.

• Like 3