Celebrity Summit - February 29, 2020 and COVID-19

hvbaskey

35 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

CMO gets the manifest = Celebrity is aware of the COVID+ cases ... yet CRICKETS from them.

At the very least they should be notifying ALL passengers from February 29th until suspension who were on board the Summit.

I am so disappointed and it will influence how I book my cruises in 2021.  I do have an FCC to use up, but I will be looking for a company that offers more transparency and honesty.   I have never booked a Princess cruise, but they have earned my respect that they have been honest and transparent even though it resulted in such negative press about them.  

I agree. This was our first cruise and while we enjoyed everything about it but the transparency issue is a big deal. 
My wife are finally getting tested in the next day or two. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Briguy071 said:

I agree. This was our first cruise and while we enjoyed everything about it but the transparency issue is a big deal. 
My wife are finally getting tested in the next day or two. 

Thank you for the update that you are able to get tested.  I am relieved for you - one way or the other, it will be peace of mind that you can find out.  It must be unnerving to have to sit and wait and wonder.   Best wishes for a “negative” result!

9 minutes ago, S86 said:

I just received a call from public health. I was not on the cruise but my parents were I was their emergency contact. They are trying to notify passengers now. 

Finally!  

• Thanks 1

Just now, hvbaskey said:

Thank you for the update that you are able to get tested.  I am relieved for you - one way or the other, it will be peace of mind that you can find out.  It must be unnerving to have to sit and wait and wonder.   Best wishes for a “negative” result!

Thanks but I won’t be surprised if it’s positive.  I’m not worried about my wife and I just concerned for others.  We are pretty healthy.  At least if we are positive we can let our employers know since we did return to work for a few days because we were not feeling ill.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Briguy071 said:

I would interested if the Ontario confirmed cases were on our Air Canada flight AC 957?

I have reason to believe that the PEI case were on a flight on air canada with layover in Toronto. 

My parents spoke to public health and forgot to inquire. They are asking the the other couple who travelled with them to ask. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S86 said:

I have reason to believe that the PEI case were on a flight on air canada with layover in Toronto. 

My parents spoke to public health and forgot to inquire. They are asking the the other couple who travelled with them to ask. 

80D5BCC5-2582-4346-B589-3CC9F2B9F4C2.jpeg

Thank for your post.  My wife and I are waiting to be tested but I think test kits are limited. We have been put on a priority list. There is going to be several cases from that flight that won’t be accounted for or contacted.  Take care of your health. 

• Thanks 1

My husband and I live in Texas and were on the 2/29 Celebrity summit sailing Out of Puerto Rico. We have not been contacted by anyone from celebrity or the CDC. We were contacted by friends we met on the ship who live in Canada. I called celebrity and was going On hold an hour and a half and spoke to a “post crusie customer service supervisor” who had absolutely no knowledge even after reading reports from Canadian news. We are self isolating but would have had absolutely no knowledge had our Canadian friends not contacted us! We are not showing any symptoms but I’m not sure if we should be tested or at least reach out to our local public health officials as they may not be aware. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llafon said:

not sure if we should be tested or at least reach out to our local public health officials as they may not be aware. 

In a press conference at the White House yesterday one of the doctors encouraged people to only get tested if they become symptomatic.  I would definitely say that you should reach out to your primary care doctor and get a medical opinion on next steps.  I pray you have not contracted the virus and that you remain well during your sequester.

• Thanks 1

I too was on the 2/29 sailing on the Summit. I called my PCP yesterday They recommended I be tested since I'm still in the 14-day window. I am being tested today. I live just south of Memphis in MS.  Flew back on 3/07/20, from San Juan to Charlotte to Memphis on American Airlines. 

• Like 1

On the same cruise. Our health unit checks on us daily and my hubby has symptoms, But has been refused testing due to limited supply. No fever but all other symptoms. Treatment is the same regardless of test..... self isolate. Just doesn’t give them accurate numbers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mawtja said:

I too was on the 2/29 sailing on the Summit. I called my PCP yesterday They recommended I be tested since I'm still in the 14-day window. I am being tested today. I live just south of Memphis in MS.  Flew back on 3/07/20, from San Juan to Charlotte to Memphis on American Airlines. 

Keep us posted 

• Like 1

The reason I went and got tested is my daughter is a nurse at St. Jude in their OR and I watch my 2-year-old granddaughter. I also had family in in town from UT right after I cruised and they help care for my 86-year-old parents. I want my family to know if they have been exposed. I had a minor fever yesterday, scratchy throat and a dry, random cough. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm negative for flu, RSV and strep. Just waiting on the Covid results, for 1-3 days.

Edited by mawtja

Well I finally received a call from my Health unit unrelated to my calls to them. 
apparently they were contacting us because we were list on the Celebrity Summit manifest.  
So celebrity obviously handed over manifest 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mawtja said:

The reason I went and got tested is my daughter is a nurse at St. Jude in their OR and I watch my 2-year-old granddaughter. I also had family in in town from UT right after I cruised and they help care for my 86-year-old parents. I want my family to know if they have been exposed. I had a minor fever yesterday, scratchy throat and a dry, random cough. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm negative for flu, RSV and strep. Just waiting on the Covid results, for 1-3 days.

Social distance or self quarantine until you find out. Thanks for the update.

Mawtja, can you give a short explanation on what the test is like, and the process leading up to the test, such as did you go to the doctors office, hospital, or special area. Did you request to be tested, demand to be tested, or told to be tested.  I think your experience can be helpful to others. Thanks for being open about it.

2 hours ago, Briguy071 said:

Well I finally received a call from my Health unit unrelated to my calls to them. 
apparently they were contacting us because we were list on the Celebrity Summit manifest.  
So celebrity obviously handed over manifest 

Have you received any communication from Celebrity as of yet?