Celebrity Summit - February 29, 2020 and COVID-19

hvbaskey

I’m a loyal Celebrity customer - seriously, we love Celebrity.  But the lack of transparency / information regarding the woman who tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after disembarking the Summit in early March is rather disappointing.

Still, I have seen nothing from Celebrity about this case; yet the Summit is denied to disembark today and heading back to Florida.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sandc4e said:

No Corona, had been cleared by Coast Guard and CDC.  Governor closed the port and would not allow disembark.  Headed to FLL and will arrive Monday mid day.

How does anyone know there is no corona on board? No one has been tested.

• Like 6

This was direct from the ship - I have a friend cruising.   So if no one has been tested, than folks should stop assuming it's corona.  The hysteria is out of control.

Edited by sandc4e
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

No Corona, had been cleared by Coast Guard and CDC.  Governor closed the port and would not allow disembark.  Headed to FLL and will arrive Monday mid day.

The press conference in PR said it was because the passenger who disembarked 3/7 has corona. The Royal Caribbean ship was allowed to dock and disembark this morning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

This was direct from the ship - I have a friend cruising.   So if no one has been tested, than folks should stop assuming it's corona.  The hysteria is out of control.

A passenger from the prior cruise is confirmed to have corona; that is not in dispute and you can read the information here in various threads. That is the reason for the concern. That person was on board with the same crew and any B2B passengers who are still on the ship now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

People on the ship have not even been told about the positive case from the week before. This is same situation as the princess ship in California. The sick person disembarked  The week before yet they were quarantined. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

Not hysteria - it’s fact ... person confirmed positive earlier in March, while on the Summit.  Celebrity not disclosing to future passengers who are currently sailing.

641240972_ScreenShot2020-03-14at3_21_05PM.png.2d9d8dbd2c8fa91e7b7441f4da396367.png

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

Hope your friends and others onboard do well.

There are not too many instances of just one  isolated case these days .No way to know how, when and where the  prior cruise guest became infected.

..Expect current guests and crew  may well  be quarantined. Abundance of caution.

I’m on the reflection right now and surprised they didn’t end the cruise.  I feel like they are putting people at risk hopefully no one gets Covid.  Also surprised that they aren’t practicing social distancing. At the port, they made people sit close together before boarding and at dinner there are plenty of tables to allow for some level of distancing. I know it’s a cruise ship and there are limits to how much they can do but al least try. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie213 said:

I’m on the reflection right now and surprised they didn’t end the cruise.  I feel like they are putting people at risk hopefully no one gets Covid.  Also surprised that they aren’t practicing social distancing. At the port, they made people sit close together before boarding and at dinner there are plenty of tables to allow for some level of distancing. I know it’s a cruise ship and there are limits to how much they can do but al least try. 

Didn't the Reflection depart just before the deadline yesterday?  I was surprised they decided to not cancel the cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandc4e said:

How could your friend possibly know who had been tested? That’s is not shared information. I don’t think they would have test kits on-board and probably won’t be able to do that until docking. Just a guess. She might feel comfortable but that is our point . Information is not being shared by Celebrity.

The boat was denied at port and passengers are still onboard, enroute to Florida.  Why? That’s what we are waiting on. We can assume, but until a press release from Celebrity, we will only be assuming. 

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Like 2

Here she is about 11 am?  I was told she was allowed to come in for fuel then back out.  I was scheduled to be on it today - flying home tomorrow.  San Juan is a ghost town and we were told non-essential business were closing at midnight.  I tried to order a hamburger at lunch and told they were frozen and they weren’t defrosting anything else.

A97BED06-CE40-4CA4-86A6-317AD8CD4BE5.jpeg

2187F313-20D1-4044-B6FC-CE6C416E2B16.jpeg

C9135807-9254-469D-9A9E-12C6BDAA0424.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

Didn't the Reflection depart just before the deadline yesterday?  I was surprised they decided to not cancel the cruise.

i guess if you get on you have to expect this outcome.

• Like 1

Wow, another patient, another ship. 

Region of Waterloo Public Health has reported a fifth confirmed case of COVID-19 in Waterloo Region.

The patient is listed as a man in his 40s who recently returned from a Celebrity Silhouette cruise. 

He was tested at St. Mary's Hospital and is now self-isolating at home.

No other details regarding the patient are immediately available. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie213 said:

Not trying to sound snarky but, if you felt like they were putting people at risk by not cancelling the cruise then why did you go? You could've cancelled up to 48 hours prior and gotten the future travel credit.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Wow, another patient, another ship. 

Region of Waterloo Public Health has reported a fifth confirmed case of COVID-19 in Waterloo Region.

The patient is listed as a man in his 40s who recently returned from a Celebrity Silhouette cruise. 

He was tested at St. Mary's Hospital and is now self-isolating at home.

No other details regarding the patient are immediately available. 

The first was a 60 year old woman. Now a 40 year old man. But Celebrity is implementing a medical report requirement for those  70 and older. Great planning.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Briguy071 said:

The cruise returned to Fort Lauderdale on March 6.   Public Health is asking any other passengers to monitor symptoms for 14 days.

But if Celebrity is not alerting their passengers, unless they are following the local news - how are they going to know?