Celebrity Summit - February 29, 2020 and COVID-19

hvbaskey

19 hours ago, hcat said:

We cancelled as soon as the offer was posted..we were in 50% penalty.

Offer  changed shortly after that to fcc only!  

As noted by others, it appears the offer changed shortly after we cancelled.

Has Corona Virus been confirmed on this ship? 
I see it still hasn’t returned to port.

The passenger that departed the ship on March 7th has been confirmed with the virus.

Concerned that this sailing might now be effected as I see it still hasn’t docked in San Juan yet . 
Any confirmation yet? 

26AA2625-706D-4A04-B29D-DBB1906B345C.jpeg

E6101F5F-7F48-4801-AA15-878DB30FF37E.png

Edited by son3cruisers

Someone in our roll call for 3/14 cruise said summit was denied docking in Puerto Rico. Can anyone confirm that?  Celebrity never told passengers on 3/7 or 3/14 cruise about the corona case even though that increased the chance of being quarantined. The grand princess was guaranteed due to a passenger on the ship a week previous. 

8 minutes ago, idh2019 said:

Looks like it is now heading NW at 18 knots away from San Juan.

The other post about COVID on the Silhouette has a link to another person in the same health region!

I know I saw that! So it was denied docking in San Juan if it’s heading North West.

We were suppose to board that ship today.

Here in Canada, we found out about the women with the positive case in the news on Wednesday. It was traced to the Summit by Thursday. I wonder why Celebrity has not released any statement. 
We cancelled Thursday night after hearing this news. 

Edited by son3cruisers

No surprise with this one after that woman who was on the prior cruise tested positive for the virus. This is likely headed to being held offshore Florida when they get there (like Regal Princess was), a testing situation for anyone onboard with cold symptoms and then quarantine if anyone tests positive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

I know I saw that! So it was denied docking in San Juan if it’s heading North West.

We were suppose to board that ship today.

Here in Canada, we found out about the women with the positive case in the news on Wednesday. It was traced to the Summit by Thursday. I wonder why Celebrity has not released any statement .

Their heads are still in the sand.

I thought I saw Summit had been turned away at St Lucia.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge supporter of X but the statement last night looked as if it had been thrown together, surely they should have been preparing for lots options.  Then again the LLP email yesterday morning talked about sailing out of the middle of the storm, not sure we are anywhere near the middle!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 24acorns said:

Their heads are still in the sand.

I thought I saw Summit had been turned away at St Lucia.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge supporter of X but the statement last night looked as if it had been thrown together, surely they should have been preparing for lots options.  Then again the LLP email yesterday morning talked about sailing out of the middle of the storm, not sure we are anywhere near the middle!!!

Can you share that email? 
Agreed X has not handled this situation as well as other companies. 

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Like 1

According to a poster on the Celebrity Summit FB page:

" Update: they have rerouted us to Fort Lauderdale. We will get in on Monday. Everyone seems in good spirits so far. There was a cheer that went up in the bar! 😂 however the main kitchen guy had a worried look on his face as did bartender. Here is hoping it goes ok!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Can you share that email? 
Agreed X has not handled this situation as well as other companies. 

I can't  as I was not fortunate enough to receive seemed very hit and miss if you received.

Look at Page 4 on the boards headed "Email from LLP". 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 24acorns said:

I can't  as I was not fortunate enough to receive seemed very hit and miss if you received.

Look at Page 4 on the boards headed "Email from LLP". 

Here is the letter, I guess only given to repeat Celebrity guests. I did not receive one, and it says nothing about what is happening on-board. 

Dear <ME!>,

The last few weeks have been trying times, to say the least, and we now find ourselves in undeniably rough seas. But, as our wonderful Celebrity Captains will tell you, sooner or later everyone sails into bad weather—what makes a great mariner is how they’re able to sail out of them.

It can be hard to envision calmer seas ahead when you’re in the middle of the storm. But we’ll get there. And we’ll get there together. As our most loyal guests you have always been there for Celebrity Cruises and we will always be here for you.

We are assessing new developments constantly to comply with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organizations. Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and crew. That is why we have enhanced our global boarding and health screening measures; implemented temperature screenings using digital, non-touch scanners for guests, crew and visitors; reduced travel to impacted countries; increased sanitation safeguards at cruise terminals and onboard our ships; and implemented rigorous medical protocols.

We know that many of you are nervous about traveling for health reasons—or are anxious about unexpected itinerary changes. That is why we have launched our Cruise with Confidence cancellation program to enable you to cancel up to 48 hours before your sailing and receive a full Future Cruise Credit.

First and always, you must take care of yourself and your family. If you are not feeling well, have an underlying condition, or are high risk for complications from illness, re-book your cruise for a later date when all of this is behind us and you can enjoy a relaxing get-away.

Things are changing everyday so for the latest on travel alerts, our safety protocol and our Cruise with Confidence program, visit www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert.

I look forward to the calm seas ahead and seeing you onboard.

<A PR image of LLP with her signature and title>

I'm watching a press conference in PR. The Head of Port Aurhorities said that around last midnight they received information about the Canadian woman who was a  passenger on this ship and tested positive to Covid19. After several communications with Coast Guard and CDC, regarding risks,, the goverment of PR (who has control of PR's ports and has the final word) determined that the best approach was to allow entry but NO DISEMBARKATION TODAY. They could dock and replenish fuel, food, etc., but will have to desembark next weekend (stay in quarintine on ship, if you want to call it like that) , which would be after 14 days since the departure date  of the sailing on which the canadian passenger boarded the ship . He said the cruiseline was evaluating their options ( guess meaning was economically best for them).

If they decided to go and  desembark at Ft lauderdale, I guess is less expensive for Celebrity to do that, cause all of the logistic and expenses involved  if they stayed docked here for a whole week.

• Like 1

I'm watching a press conference in PR re: Covid19. Around an hour ago The Head of Port Aurhorities said that around last midnight they received information about the Canadian woman who was a  passenger on this ship and tested positive to Covid19. After several communications with Coast Guard and CDC, regarding risks,, the goverment of PR (who has control of PR's ports and has the final word) determined that the best approach was to allow entry but NO DISEMBARKATION TODAY. They could dock and replenish fuel, food, etc., but will have to desembark next weekend (stay in quarintine on ship, if you want to call it like that) , which would be after 14 days since the departure date  of the sailing on which the canadian passenger boarded the ship . He said the cruiseline was evaluating their options ( guess meaning was economically best for them).

If they decided to go and  desembark at Ft lauderdale, I guess is less expensive for Celebrity to do that, cause all of the logistic and expenses involved  if they stayed docked here for a whole week.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, boricua2007 said:

I'm watching a press conference in PR. The Head of Port Aurhorities said that around last midnight they received information about the Canadian woman who was a  passenger on this ship and tested positive to Covid19. After several communications with Coast Guard and CDC, regarding risks,, the goverment of PR (who has control of PR's ports and has the final word) determined that the best approach was to allow entry but NO DISEMBARKATION TODAY. They could dock and replenish fuel, food, etc., but will have to desembark next weekend (stay in quarintine on ship, if you want to call it like that) , which would be after 14 days since the departure date  of the sailing on which the canadian passenger boarded the ship . He said the cruiseline was evaluating their options ( guess meaning was economically best for them).

If they decided to go and  desembark at Ft lauderdale, I guess is less expensive for Celebrity to do that, cause all of the logistic and expenses involved  if they stayed docked here for a whole week.

Logistics would be much easier off the shore of their headquarters than PR