Prices going up

thon

3 minutes ago, lostchild said:

Do you have to spend the FCC by the end of 2020 to sail by the end of 2021?  Or can you book sometime next year and sail by end of the year?   I thought I read some people said you need to book by the end of 2020.   If that's the case, they will probably just keep the price up until end of this year when everyone has to spend the FCC.   They could lower the price next year for the cash payers.

I thought I had read that on the X website, that it had to be booked by 12/31/20 and the cruise taken by 12/31/21.  But now all I see is that the FCC must be used on a cruise departing by 12/31/21.

2 minutes ago, hiccups said:

I thought I had read that on the X website, that it had to be booked by 12/31/20 and the cruise taken by 12/31/21.  But now all I see is that the FCC must be used on a cruise departing by 12/31/21.

Maybe they changed it.  I thought I read a few people here saying they had to book by 12/31/2020 when Cruise with Confidence first came out.

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

When a cruise first opens for sale, that's when you'll usually get the lowest price. Guests who are canceling now and looking to rebook in the next year will find higher prices because these cruises have already been open for sale for many months. X is not trying to gouge their customers. If future bookings start to get soft X will reduce prices accordingly.

Yes. This is the booking game. Buns of steel are not required, but nerves of steel and an abundance of patience are great assets.

2 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

Regardless, Celebrity should give you an even swap for a cruise, take care of your customer!

Absolutely. This is literally the least they should do to take care of customers.  Fain talks building trust: https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22594-fain-tough-week-advises-agents-to-build-trust-with-clients.html

If you don't AT LEAST give people the same thing they booked, you're not handling the situation in fairness to customers at all.

Edited by smogfarmgirl
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

What everyone is missing, IMO, is that the cruise lines (as well as the airlines) use dynamic pricing (supply and demand). The more cabins that are sold in a category, the higher the price will go. The longer a cruise has been open for sale also affects pricing. Popular cruises, or those with unusual itineraries will also sell well, causing prices to rise more quickly. When a cruise first opens for sale, that's when you'll usually get the lowest price. Guests who are canceling now and looking to rebook in the next year will find higher prices because these cruises have already been open for sale for many months. X is not trying to gouge their customers. If future bookings start to get soft X will reduce prices accordingly.

Right. I don’t understand these posts. We all know that earlier bookings typically have lower fares. While there are definitely some random price drops, sale, etc that may reduce the price a bit or allow for an extra perk, that’s not the normal course for pricing. I also am certain Celebrity has an unbelievable amount of stress on their plate right now and are taking a day by day approach. Looking at revamping prices far into the future is not a priority. 

• Thanks 1