Since MSC owns cargo ships...

Markanddonna

21 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

im thinking Virgin might turn turtle and the ship and successors might go to Norwegian in place of the Leonardo Class. 

Mr. Bronson would not want a "turned turtle" on his resume, I don't think.  There may be a graceful exit by Virgin Cruises in the cruise industry during this economic disaster at some point in the future.  

Of course, my crystal ball is as cloudy as any.

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Not with me.  The problem I have has been making a booking with them using an American based major non-box store travel agency.  The same issue has been experienced with P & O Australia.  

Bingo! This statement completely supports my point. Before Concordia, Costa was testing a break into the American market. After the accident, not-so-much. American's can't even book them if they want.

Personally, i'd sail either line with adjusted expectations,. We actually looked at P&O for a world cruise because they are so budget friendly (and I love sailing with Brits)!! 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Personally, i'd sail either line with adjusted expectations,. We actually looked at P&O for a world cruise because they are so budget friendly (and I love sailing with Brits)!! 

And, with my friends in Canada and those Australians/New Zealanders with whom I have met.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Bingo! This statement completely supports my point. Before Concordia, Costa was testing a break into the American market. After the accident, not-so-much. American's can't even book them if they want.

u.s. citizens can book costa quite easily. I almost did on several occasions. I looked at the Luminosa last winter out of FLL, and the Smerelda sailings in Europe 

Edited by UPNYGuy

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Mr. Bronson would not want a "turned turtle" on his resume, I don't think.  There may be a graceful exit by Virgin Cruises in the cruise industry during this economic disaster at some point in the future.  

Of course, my crystal ball is as cloudy as any.

But who knows...this IS Virgin we are talking about. Look how much money he threw at Virgin America. That lost money for YEARS! If he thinks Virgin Cruises is a good idea and has ANY chance of being profitable, he will keep tossing money at it.

...it might end up that Virgin survives this and takes Carnival Corp up 😜 

Edited by UPNYGuy

11 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

well at least that was the case before the covid-19 issues. www.costacruises.com is the USA website. 

I prefer to book my cruises with my travel agent and not via a web site.  Even with one that is the cruise lines's own web site.  That's been my frustration trying to do so in the past.  Surely agree, post covid-19, who knows what the "new reality" will be.  

21 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

it might end up that Virgin survives this and takes Carnival Corp up 😜 

Wow!  That is somewhat of a mind boggling thought.  We are in uncharted waters particularly  for all of us us who were born in the late 1930's and since.  We know of the Great Depression only by reading and listening to our Grandparents and parents who lived through that calamity.