No Cash Refund Until After Dec.2021

gmbhardy

2 hours ago, psmarkle said:

Below is the response I got after my TA submitted my refund request for our cancelled April 11th cruise on the Seaside:

photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&badge=false&appId=YMailNorrin

mscagents@msccruisesusa.com
To: xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Sat, Mar 14 at 12:25 PM

Dear xxxxxxxxxx, 

Your MSC Cruise Assurance Form has been successfully submitted. 
Your Refund Reference Number for this request is - xxxxxxxxx 
Use this Reference Number for all future correspondence regarding this request. 
Your refund will be processed within 60 days. 
Thank you, 
MSC Cruises mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft.msccruises.net%2Fv%2F2002751%2F1%2F34114255&t=1584622064&ymreqid=5abaf954-3c6c-d2e9-1c9e-e3000101f300&sig=NfdpIqxQXW9SNrZKns17_w--~C

Yes the American's are getting a refund in 60 days but anyone else it will be after December 2021

12 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Just dispute the charge with your credit card company. They can't hold onto your money for a year and a half for a cruise THEY cancelled. Also contact the media and if any US cruisers are getting this notice you need to contact the Attorney General for your state and for Florida since MSC has offices there.

Ya? all airlines can do it somehow. We don't get money back just credit for future fight

11 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Ya? all airlines can do it somehow. We don't get money back just credit for future fight

But when you book an airfare you know you are booking with no changes at least they are giving you a credit.   MSC is holding our money hostage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

That’s not true. Typically what happens is when an airline cancels your flight then they will move you to the next closest available flight, but if that is not satisfactory you are able to cancel and get a full refund.

Hi

English is not my first language but if i'm reading correctly the last email is in direct contradiction to a sentence of the document.

When it's says      "Alternatively, we will give you a full refund of the original cruise fare."

And by definition "Alternatively"  means "another option or possibility" so it means we can choose to take the FCC OR refund now not after dec 31 2021

I just return a message to Reservations@msccruises.ca with my understanding. I encourage you to do the same.

And btw, i did sent a message to the "Contact Center Manager" (whatever a Contact Center Manager do...)  at MSC Canada and waiting for a response. If you want, I could post his email adress  

Hope you understand my english writing 😃

16 hours ago, Casanova02 said:

Hi

English is not my first language but if i'm reading correctly the last email is in direct contradiction to a sentence of the document.

When it's says      "Alternatively, we will give you a full refund of the original cruise fare."

And by definition "Alternatively"  means "another option or possibility" so it means we can choose to take the FCC OR refund now not after dec 31 2021

I just return a message to Reservations@msccruises.ca with my understanding. I encourage you to do the same.

And btw, i did sent a message to the "Contact Center Manager" (whatever a Contact Center Manager do...)  at MSC Canada and waiting for a response. If you want, I could post his email adress  

Hope you understand my english writing 😃

The email I received was very clear. Please see post #3. No interpretation necessary.