Speculative Changes to Spirit Class Ships

bstel

Ok; Was On The name Sake Carnival Spirit last week. For my 12th time & been on sister ship Carnival Legend 10 times. I can not possibly see where you could put these extra cabins..

Deck 1; may-be 3 cabins where the nightclub is.. To much stuffing around; Not at the front at The Comedy Club either

Deck 2 Nope everything is there...

Deck 3: Where soulplay or The art gallery is 4 rooms; The video games arcade/chapel nope. just to much to get done for little return.

So I reckon nothing will change.

The Carnival Spirit goes into Dry-Dock in may/June 2021 In Singapore. Then back to Brisbane...

14 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

and one level of the main show lounge converted to cabins as well.

this, along with the Comedy lounge makes sense.  so looks like they could squeeze in about 60-70 more cabins if they took both locations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

Panorama sailed through the Panama Canal

It actually didn't - they took the long way around south america because they were in no rush and they were finishing the ship - The actually sailed about 50 nights from Italy to LA while finishing the ship - so I was told by to senior officers. One who was on the sailing to train staff and serve workers and one on a different ship.

• Like 1

The Spirit class is a class of cruise ships built at the Helsinki New Shipyard (now Arctech Helsinki Shipyard) in Helsinki, Finland. The ships are operated by Carnival Cruise Lines and Costa Cruises (a subsidiary of Miami-based Carnival Corporation). The six ships were built to the original Panamax form factor, allowing them to pass through the Panama Canal

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The Spirit class is a class of cruise ships built at the Helsinki New Shipyard (now Arctech Helsinki Shipyard) in Helsinki, Finland. The ships are operated by Carnival Cruise Lines and Costa Cruises (a subsidiary of Miami-based Carnival Corporation). The six ships were built to the original Panamax form factor, allowing them to pass through the Panama Canal

Actually hal ships are this format as well. 

I am interested to learn more about the new rooms on Elations promenade deck. Somebody told me they could be Havana cabins and the Serenity deck turned into the Havana area and relocated. I tried to do mock bookings on the Elation but it doesn’t appear the rooms are available to be booked yet. 

I always look at ship's tonnage (tons of water displaced) divided by the number of pax for an amount of room per pax.  Spirit class has the most room of any class in the Carnival fleet.  Will they make a change?  Who knows?  But this is the most likely class to change.  I hop they don't, but I am not on the board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skiorcruise said:

I always look at ship's tonnage (tons of water displaced) divided by the number of pax for an amount of room per pax.  Spirit class has the most room of any class in the Carnival fleet.  Will they make a change?  Who knows?  But this is the most likely class to change.  I hop they don't, but I am not on the board.

I will give you a hint.  How many dining rooms does the Spirit class ships have.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will give you a hint.  How many dining rooms does the Spirit class ships have.

Curious what does only having one MDR have to do with anything? The last I heard there were plans to modify Conquest class ships. However, I heard that last year and even if what I heard was accurate. I doubt Carnival (or any cruise line for that matter) will make major changes to ships in the near future based on the impact of the coronavirus on the cruise industry. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Curious what does only having one MDR have to do with anything? The last I heard there were plans to modify Conquest class ships. However, I heard that last year and even if what I heard was accurate. I doubt Carnival (or any cruise line for that matter) will make major changes to ships in the near future based on the impact of the coronavirus on the cruise industry. 

Sitting capacity and kitchen capacity

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

That’s a good point I never considered on any of these upgraded ships. 

This came up in a conversation I had with some Carnival at the Sunrise naming ceremony.  While seems trivial, it is something that is to easily changed (increase the size).