SHOULD WE BOOK A CRUISE FOR LATER ON THIS YEAR?

edgekid

On 3/22/2020 at 7:54 PM, Denny01 said:

I understand not booking anything in 2020....but I have a TransAtlantic on the Apex in late Oct and it’s something I can enjoy planning and thinking about. A cruise I made in Oct 2019. Just a good diversion We’ll see how it goes, but it’s nice having it there to talk and plan about. I also have one in late March 2021 on Eclipse from Tokyo to Vancouver. It looked great but unless there’s a huge change, that one will go away. 

So my view is, yup, wait a bit and see how this all goes through May and then consider it. It would be low risk if you are a Celebrity cruiser and don’t have a problem with a FCC for 2021 if you made the reservation for late 2020 and then moved it.

Den

We are booked on that Apex cruise also. Have till mid-July for final payment so we have some time but not optimistic. We love trans-Atlantics and I just cancelled a April 24th Reflection trans-Atlantic to Ireland. Broke my heart. I just hoping 2021 we have this all behind us. 

We rec'd the dreaded email/text from Celebrity on 3/24 regarding our 5/1/2020 cruise out of Southampton.  We took the 125% FCC and with the help of our wonderful TA, booked the same exact cabin for the same cruise departing from Southampton on 4/30/2021.   

I can't wait for this cruise and will attempt to rebook the same hotels and etc.  I hate what this is doing to the travel industry.

Donna

We are booked on the Reflection in Jan 2021, and the Apex in Jan 2022.  Even if the Jan 2021 cruise happens, I'm not sure we'll feel comfortable taking it.  There won't be a vaccine by then.  Looking ahead to Jan 2022 and that seems like such a long time away!

Here is my guess.  First off, cruises became a hotbed for the virus and first to be impacted Considering this , my guess is the cruise industry will be the very last to get going.  Very last.  If a vaccine is available in 18-24 months, I really think it will be another year before anyone cruises again.  My guess is there will be no cruises for three years. 

Have only one cruise booked. It's October 30th from Quebec City to Miami. Think it will be fine, but will not be surprised if cancelled. Looking at SIL TA in November, but will wait to see what happens to prices and risk factors.  Will consider Caribbean cruises only at the last minute. The health form from doctor needs to go away to take a Celebrity cruise. My doctor will sign it, but DW??

I loved all of our Celebrity cruises, never had a bad experience with crew or fellow passengers. For the past ten years since retirement we were living the life....flying around the world loving all the new experiences but always happy to come home and give our children and grandchildren a big hug. Can’t even do that now due to lockdown and that is the most painful, difficult and scary part of the situation we find ourselves in. 

We have rebooked our Alaskan cruise for next May BUT until there is a vaccine we will not step on a plane or cruise ship.

Sending you all best wishes and remember everything passes but we all have to play our part and above all try and keep positive.