Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

And sheep here !

It's been a beautiful Bank Holiday weekend here. It was our wedding anniversary on Friday and we went out for a very nice meal in the evening.

Apart from that we've had a couple of barbecues and I enjoyed the final episodes of "The Marvellous Mrs Maisel" and "Succession".

20230526_212619.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

And sheep here !

It's been a beautiful Bank Holiday weekend here. It was our wedding anniversary on Friday and we went out for a very nice meal in the evening.

Apart from that we've had a couple of barbecues and I enjoyed the final episodes of "The Marvellous Mrs Maisel" and "Succession".

20230526_212619.jpg

Fabulous menu.  I will miss Succession!  Happy anniversary to you and Mr HH 🎉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Have you made plans for your visit to Wales ? How long will you be here ?

Just a day trip from our base in Bath to Cardiff and Tintern Abbey. Driving in UK for the first time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Lovely, good luck with the driving!

I heard UK drivers are polite and forgiving.

I’ve driven all through Spain and Italy (including Naples) and there no forgiveness is handed out on those roads!

Generally, although it has been said that indicators are an optional extra on cars registered in Wales 🤣.

This weekend I will be mostly trying to find enough clothes that fit to do for 14 nights on QM2. We sail on Friday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Generally, although it has been said that indicators are an optional extra on cars registered in Wales 🤣.

This weekend I will be mostly trying to find enough clothes that fit to do for 14 nights on QM2. We sail on Friday. 

I find the problem is not finding clothes that fit, but clothes that will still fit after a few nights aboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

True, we have first and second week clothes !

How are you doing @exlondoner? Are you expecting to be released tomorrow for the Liverpool visit? Is your husband still OK ?

My husband has survived six tests, all of which were negative, so was able to have lunch in QG today. I am feeling fine, and should be released tomorrow in time for brekker. We are about to enter the Mersey so there will be lots to look at.

• Like 5

I forget to prepare for this photo yesterday, so captured this arrival earlier today. Emirates went back to using an A380 on their Dubai-Nice service from June 1st, first since before Covid. Another welcome sign of the world getting back to normal!

I prefer not to leave this area if I can avoid it, but it's nice to know it's possible to do so.

A7C023691.thumb.JPG.3393b2b766ddf367e213cc8819481e2b.JPG

• Like 1

A

21 minutes ago, D&N said:

I forget to prepare for this photo yesterday, so captured this arrival earlier today. Emirates went back to using an A380 on their Dubai-Nice service from June 1st, first since before Covid. Another welcome sign of the world getting back to normal!

I prefer not to leave this area if I can avoid it, but it's nice to know it's possible to do so.

A7C023691.thumb.JPG.3393b2b766ddf367e213cc8819481e2b.JPG

Another welcome sight indeed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

We will be boarding 6 weeks today. Thus, I look forward to hearing all about your trip before we go. 
I also hear you about clothes etc and I feel your pain. 😳

• Like 1

We are off on Tuesday on QV to Norway. Its so tricky to know what to pack. We go down to Southampton tomorrow with a day in the area on Monday, so have been packing today. I have taken SOOO many extra clothes "in case"! We are going to the North Cape, so could have anything from a lovely sunny day to snow!

Enjoy QM2, Hattie.

• Like 1