The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

Stopping by the Explorer Lounge for a  nice Jameson and splash of soda water drink. Cold  and dreary  outside in my real vicinity, but cozy here with the great fake fireplace going strong. I am  happy to have paid the final payment today  for my cruise on the Viking Jupiter in June 2023! 

Lots to look forward to as I  dream about visiting the land of my ancestors in Denmark on the Scenic Scandinavia  cruise June 12-22. Will be in Denmark for midsummer🥂

How lovely to be in that part of the world for the Summer Solstice! 🙂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Liz Masterson said:

How lovely to be in that part of the world for the Summer Solstice! 🙂

I am looking forward to the long days into twilight ...

I visited NewGrange in Ireland many years ago. I am fascinated by the Winter/ Summer solstice  and how the ancients recognized  these special  days. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Azulann said:

Stopping by the Explorer Lounge for a  nice Jameson and splash of soda water drink. Cold  and dreary  outside in my real vicinity, but cozy here with the great fake fireplace going strong. I am  happy to have paid the final payment today  for my cruise on the Viking Jupiter in June 2023! 

Lots to look forward to as I  dream about visiting the land of my ancestors in Denmark on the Scenic Scandinavia  cruise June 12-22. Will be in Denmark for midsummer🥂

WooHoo! You are finally getting there!

• Like 1

Ran across this in another forum and couldn't resist posting it here. Fortunately no box for Viking, but that's not to say that our board hasn't occasionally wandered into similar swamps 😈.

Happy that many (but not all) of these beefs don't surface regarding Viking ... 🍺🥌

image.png.aee1d68e5a9564ea5a882518aece4677.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Cruisenewbie63 said:

Hi All,   
Could anyone inform me of how many electrical sockets in the stateroom?  
I assume all sockets either US. Or continental Europe ( round pin). And not UK. Plug.      Thanks 

Hello! As someone who records everything I have pix of the outlets!😊

This is by the desk.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1T_dd0PCMno1hnJ-90bkumrV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1636945963

This is by the bed.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RIU4WAAs2Ltk6tdhG4_wiUqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1636945983

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sleep7 said:

This is by the desk.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1T_dd0PCMno1hnJ-90bkumrV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1636945963

This is by the bed.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RIU4WAAs2Ltk6tdhG4_wiUqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1636945983

Thank you sooo much   I assume plug sockets by both sides of bed?  Any more tucked away or is that it?   Can you bring a small extension lead ? 
thank you 

14 minutes ago, Cruisenewbie63 said:

Thank you sooo much   I assume plug sockets by both sides of bed?  Any more tucked away or is that it?   Can you bring a small extension lead ? 
thank you 

Hmm... not sure if there are any other plugs in the cabin that are so easily accessible.

Maybe behind the desk because there is a lamp there that needs to be plugged in?

And yes! Both sides of the bed have the same outlets.

We actually found the outlets to be very plentiful and that was with charging 2 laptops, 2 phones, a watch, and a hairdryer. 😊

So glad that the pix were helpful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

This is by the desk.

This is by the bed.

There are two nightstands in each cabin. 

8 hours ago, Cruisenewbie63 said:

Thanks.  Would that just be for electric shaver or toothbrush charger?  Or would it power hairdryer etc ( full power outlet). Thanks for the reply.  Much appreciated 

The outlet in the bathroom is for low wattage items only -- shavers and toothbrushes. A high wattage item will blow the fuse.

10 hours ago, Cruisenewbie63 said:

Can you bring a small extension lead ? 

Extension cords/leads are on the list of prohibited items "Extension cords (USB and laptop
charging cables are exempt)"

For the complete list: Prohibited Items List (PDF)  Bookmark this link because this list is one of those hidden secrets, unless you know exactly where to look (via the FAQ link in the footer of every page on the Viking website, then search for "prohibited"). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Darn it... how will I ever be able to cut my birthday cake without my walpaper knife? 🤣

On 12/15/2022 at 8:00 PM, Peregrina651 said:

For the complete list: Prohibited Items List (PDF)  Bookmark this link because this list is one of those hidden secrets, unless you know exactly where to look (via the FAQ link in the footer of every page on the Viking website, then search for "prohibited"). 

Darn it...

how will I ever be able to cut my birthday cake...

without my wallpaper knife? 🤣 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liz Masterson said:

Darn it... how will I ever be able to cut my birthday cake without my walpaper knife? 🤣

Darn it...

how will I ever be able to cut my birthday cake...

without my wallpaper knife? 🤣 

Anne - is your Canal trip a birthday cruise for you?  If so, Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

Kent if you are onboard now enjoy a drink for us in the REAL Explorer's Lounge!!  I will have a White Lady please.  I sure wish we were packing for Antarctica...hopefully a new valve for Pat and we will be there next year!!!  Best to Pam!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, deec said:

Kent if you are onboard now enjoy a drink for us in the REAL Explorer's Lounge!!  I will have a White Lady please.  I sure wish we were packing for Antarctica...hopefully a new valve for Pat and we will be there next year!!!  Best to Pam!

Hi Dee - we board on Wednesday in FLL on the Viking Star.  Have my real drinks lined up and ready to go!  May not even wait for sunset 🙂

• Like 4