Refunds Request Tracking

haolenate

I am glad that NCL actually is refunding prior to the 90 days.  Yes, it is long, BUT we are in a new normal for all of the cruising industry.  Those that are complaining about the length of this 90 day refund need to understand this and that 90 days means "up to 90 days".  I am one that has a May 7th refund due and won't worry or do anything different until after the first week of August.  I know how to add.  

And if it takes 90 days, I will still sail on NCL again.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kayysums said:

I just received this email from Norwegian that my refund was processed. Anyone else receive it? Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We received our email as well. Will update the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, jdc987 said:

They kept my insurance fee when they cancelled for a hurricane last year.  Only saving grace was that they took it out of a CruiseNext certificate.

Contact the insurance provider in writing and request that your coverage be moved to your next cruise.  Lots of companies are doing that, but they may not publicize this. 

Day 90 surprise no refund but did receive email that they refunded 21.52 to a charge account that is not even ours, 1st phone call our full refund to correct card is being processed (that was about a week ago); second phone call yesterday no help at all but agent read from the "script" 3 times that 90 days doesn't include weekends and holidays (no one said that in the beginning), so sick of NCL, no one can answer the $21.52 mystery.  So sorry we still have 2 cruise next in our account probably never to be used.  Very frustrated with NCL right now.  We received our refund from Celebrity in 5 weeks.

Just got the notice that my credit card has been credited for the full payment and drink package tips for my April 12, 2020 Encore cruise.  I submitted for the refund the first day I could April 13, 2020.   I was pleasantly surprised that they paid before the 90 days.  I do look forward to being able to cruise on one of NCL's newer ships one of these days.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Just got the notice that my credit card has been credited for the full payment and drink package tips for my April 12, 2020 Encore cruise.  I submitted for the refund the first day I could April 13, 2020.   I was pleasantly surprised that they paid before the 90 days.  I do look forward to being able to cruise on one of NCL's newer ships one of these days.

Wow thanks so much for posting this VERY glad you got your refund; this info shows me I have to fight harder with NCL; we applied for refund on 3/23, cancelled cruise date was 3/22.   Guess their refund "system" is more messed up than I thought. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, itp said:

Wow thanks so much for posting this VERY glad you got your refund; this info shows me I have to fight harder with NCL; we applied for refund on 3/23, cancelled cruise date was 3/22.   Guess their refund "system" is more messed up than I thought. 

OMG, that is terrible!  Did you get a confirmation that they had received your request for a refund?  If so, there is definitely something wrong.  

2 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

OMG, that is terrible!  Did you get a confirmation that they had received your request for a refund?  If so, there is definitely something wrong.  

Yes got the confirmation email long ago but when I saw that weird email I mentioned above I have had a bad feeling that something was messed up; I did file a credit card dispute but haven't heard anything on that, we paid so long ago (in November) not sure if that will work out.  😧

7 minutes ago, itp said:

Yes got the confirmation email long ago but when I saw that weird email I mentioned above I have had a bad feeling that something was messed up; I did file a credit card dispute but haven't heard anything on that, we paid so long ago (in November) not sure if that will work out.  😧

Sorry, I didn’t realize you were the same poster.  Yours is very screwed up.  Best of luck in getting it resolved. 

2 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Sorry, I didn’t realize you were the same poster.  Yours is very screwed up.  Best of luck in getting it resolved. 

Thanks!  Trying to talk to a supervisor, so messed up

Our credit card (which we don't use right now) expired in the middle of all of this; finally reached the right people that could help fix it; as of yesteday the very helpful (for once) NCL rep stated we went from "pending" to "OK" so should be getting it soon; I feel hopeful but who knows!  We did book with a TA that is very difficult to communicate with right now so don't know if that slowed things up, we applied for refund on 3/23 (cruise paid for Nov 2019).  We have friends that applied for refund in April and received theirs last week. 

Filed my refund request on 5/7/20, received notification of refund today with breakdown of every charge refunded. 34 days earlier than expected! My cruise was scheduled 5/17/20. Glad the process is moving!