Post A Favorite Cruise Photo!

richsea

1 hour ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

First trip to Barcelona was 1984 and been back 6-8 times since, been watching the construction on this church for close to 40 years.

AC389586-423C-4925-A4BF-3107254A3AC8.png

Saw that just last year. Arrived in Barcelona on October 31 (Halloween!) after doing 12 days to Norway from Southampton on Sapphire Princess. Spent 4 days in Barcelona and then embarked Emerald Princess for a 14 day TA to Florida. Barcelona was quite an interesting place and La Sagrada Familia was definitely a "must see" on our list. When we left there we went on to Park Güell (also known as Gaudi Park) and the Gaudi House Museum. Barcelona taxi drivers are crazy!

image.thumb.jpeg.e426697860479911cea8f5fb02299fe5.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Saw that just last year. Arrived in Barcelona on October 31 (Halloween!) after doing 12 days to Norway from Southampton on Sapphire Princess. Spent 4 days in Barcelona and then embarked Emerald Princess for a 14 day TA to Florida. Barcelona was quite an interesting place and La Sagrada Familia was definitely a "must see" on our list. When we left there we went on to Park Güell (also known as Gaudi Park) and the Gaudi House Museum. Barcelona taxi drivers are crazy!

image.thumb.jpeg.e426697860479911cea8f5fb02299fe5.jpeg

Barcelona is super fun, I love love love the market on Las rambla but last year found a new one I really liked.  Love staying on las rambla and people watching and watching the hawkers and police play ‘pack up and move along’ 😂😂

11 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Barcelona is super fun, I love love love the market on Las rambla but last year found a new one I really liked.  Love staying on las rambla and people watching and watching the hawkers and police play ‘pack up and move along’ 😂😂

On a recommendation we stayed at the Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas. It was.... um.... "Interesting". A very odd building with free food 24/7. The food was "interesting" but not exactly what one would call good. The room was small and very pink. There was also free beer and wine on tap. At night Las Ramblas is only marginally quieter and one can hear a lot of stuff going on. There were several protest marches while we were there and one came down the street in front of the hotel fairly late at night. (We just missed the minor rioting for independence that happened before we arrived.) The window looked out onto one of those tiny little side streets. There was a panel on the wall for various controls. It was our first International stay anywhere other than on a ship. (We did have one night in Southampton but that doesn't really count. We really want to go back there and explore more.)

image.thumb.jpeg.648f837ff3f4d6d3c94438a8a1771b73.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86c576498e57a8dde0212b8c3184dca5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.505235fe48e38d9ceecb55aa9c79b6a0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d518ee900d6350188c7eda7268c60dd9.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

Barcelona taxi drivers are crazy!

I was in front passenger seat in Barcelona Taxi, he took off like a bat out of hell down a boulevard - I grabbed my seat belt and fastened it. Driver let out a big laugh. They are crazy - Barcelona is a favorite of ours. 

18 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I was in front passenger seat in Barcelona Taxi, he took off like a bat out of hell down a boulevard - I grabbed my seat belt and fastened it. Driver let out a big laugh. They are crazy - Barcelona is a favorite of ours. 

As long as there is about 1.5 inches between them and the next vehicle to either side they are good to go. I thought Barcelona drivers were crazy but then I visited Morocco. They are even crazier. They actually have traffic cops "directing" traffic but totally ignore them.

12 hours ago, AF-1 said:

How was this cruise.  What ports did you visit?

Yes.  I loved this cruise and went solo too.  It was a Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona to Rome.  However, I do remember a stop in Cartegena, Spain which doesn't seem to be on the itineraries now. 

I think the ports were Barcelona, Cartagena, Gibraltar, Marseilles, Florence, and Rome. Excursions were to Maipe Yeguada, (the Andalusian Horse Ranch), a small group tour of Gibraltar, Loumarin and Aix en Provence, Cinque terra, Portofina,.I didn't do Florence since I have been there many times.  I did rebook this similar cruise this summer on the Enchanted with my daughter, but it, as you know, has been canceled.  I am so looking forward to doing it again as soon as cruising becomes safe.

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

lolane1.  This was my itinerary; which also was cancelled for this year.  

Cruise Itinerary Map

Wow!!!! That looks really good.  I missed this one.  Maybe it wasn't available during my vacation time.  I will have to look for this when cruising resumes.  Haven't been to Naples since my early twenties.   And have not been to Portugal or Mallorca.  I have put this on my list.  Something new to look forward to.  Thanks.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:07 AM, AF-1 said:

SFO-FA;  love your sunset phtoto

does your signature have anything to do with flying?

Thanks, the sunset was taken in Freemantle,  Australia

Yes, AF-1, SFO based flight attendant.  How about you?  Air Force?

Edited by SFO-F/A

15 hours ago, SFO-F/A said:

Thanks, the sunset was taken in Freemantle,  Australia

Yes, AF-1, SFO based flight attendant.  How about you?  Air Force?

Yes,  Chief FA for Air Force One

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 12:07 PM, lolane1 said:

Wow!!!! That looks really good.  I missed this one.  Maybe it wasn't available during my vacation time.  I will have to look for this when cruising resumes.  Haven't been to Naples since my early twenties.   And have not been to Portugal or Mallorca.  I have put this on my list.  Something new to look forward to.  Thanks.

I believe this itinerary goes Oct 2021.  It was originally on Island Princess

On 5/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, richsea said:

Love all of these photos! Loved Barcelona, & Las Ramblas. Must have been crazy staying there.

Here’s some of Valley Church Beach in Antigua while on Emerald Princess

C528047A-104F-4F11-851E-B153D7CBF5AD.jpeg

A558CEF2-C39C-456F-9594-D65A119644B8.jpeg

45DA1182-5B83-463A-8290-E8E982020632.jpeg

Do you have any pics of Emerald sitting near the dock?

On 5/23/2020 at 11:47 AM, Thrak said:

On a recommendation we stayed at the Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas. It was.... um.... "Interesting". A very odd building with free food 24/7. The food was "interesting" but not exactly what one would call good. The room was small and very pink. There was also free beer and wine on tap. At night Las Ramblas is only marginally quieter and one can hear a lot of stuff going on. There were several protest marches while we were there and one came down the street in front of the hotel fairly late at night. (We just missed the minor rioting for independence that happened before we arrived.) The window looked out onto one of those tiny little side streets. There was a panel on the wall for various controls. It was our first International stay anywhere other than on a ship. (We did have one night in Southampton but that doesn't really count. We really want to go back there and explore more.)

We have stayed there numerous times and love the area, we don’t drink beer and wine so the free flowing of that is no appeal but the location is awesome. I booked a different hotel for this year for a change but when I go with my son I need the elevator which his wheelchair just fits in with 1/16 inch each side 😳

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Do you have any pics of Emerald sitting near the dock?

Not from that port, but here’s one from that trip taken in St. Lucia, & then one from a prior trip of her in Dominica.

3E79A472-40CF-4888-B128-D26EA2B8DFCA.jpeg

42365D9B-60B1-4BB2-A36F-9A638403EAFB.jpeg

6 hours ago, richsea said:

Not from that port, but here’s one from that trip taken in St. Lucia, & then one from a prior trip of her in Dominica.

3E79A472-40CF-4888-B128-D26EA2B8DFCA.jpeg

42365D9B-60B1-4BB2-A36F-9A638403EAFB.jpeg

thanks,  nice pics