Alaska Cruises Summer 2020

KidCruze

12 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

The Koningsdam is on her way over to the West Coast and will be here by the weekend. I take that as a good sign from  HAL.

From what I've seen it's heading to Christobal, Panama.  I hope you're right though, as we have a September Pacific Coastal booked on the Koningsdam. 

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

From what I've seen it's heading to Christobal, Panama.  I hope you're right though, as we have a September Pacific Coastal booked on the Koningsdam. 

Yes K will be coming through the canal.  

We (party of 6) are on the Jun 27 Koningsdam out of Vancouver.  We too are waiting for HAL's final decision and most likely cancellation.   One thought was this voyage could actually leave from SEA on the 27th, and end at normal time in Vancouver on July 4.  After reading everything posted, I think port closures after July 1 are likely.  There is no way a small port of call like Skagway could handle any type of medical or quarantine requirement if something happened after departure.

Another good point made earlier was about the seasonal summer help in Alaska, of which most of them are still in the lower 48 now taking other summer jobs...if available.  I'm sure we'll all know soon.  Stay safe fellow cruisers.

19 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

Alaska cruise season is very important to Alaska as well.  Not only to Diamonds International  but to the local tour guides, shop keepers, restaurant owners and staff. 

It are the "little people" whom concern me.  Those who migrate North for good Summer jobs that help to pay their bills.  Those Alaskans whose major income source is from us tourists.  My Alaskan Nephew who has a good job as a teacher, but needs to supplement his income by working in the tourist industry to support his family.  

I would like knowing what major tour companies, such as Westours, are telling those whom they have hired for the 2020 season.  

• Like 1