NCL phone rep said announcement to come within 48 hours...

Information onSUSPENDED SAILINGS

Updated 03/30/2020    Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we are extending the suspension of all sailings across our fleet through May 10, 2020 and plan to relaunch cruise operations with embarkations beginning May 11, 2020. We are thinking of each and every one of you, and together we will return to our favourite place - the ocean, stronger than ever.

Guests who were booked on suspended cruises will automatically receive a 125% or 150% refund of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit which can be applied towards any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits will be applied to your account by April 1, 2020.

EMBARKATION DATES
FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT
March 13 to March 17, 2020 150% of cruise fare
March 18 to May 10, 2020 125% of cruise fare

We’re also giving an additional 20% discount when you book by April 14, 2020 using your Future Cruise Credit on cruises embarking July 1, 2020 - December 31, 2022! This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.

Guests who do not prefer to take advantage of a future cruise credit will receive a refund to be payable after 90 days from completion of the Refund Form below. Refund requests must be submitted by April 27, 2020 for all suspended sailings.

Please note that if your suspended sailing was scheduled to embark between April 12 - May 10, 2020, you will not be able to request your refund through this form until April 13, 2020.

8 minutes ago, wvacations said:

NCL cannot hold your money for 90 days. People should dispute the charges with their credit card companies.

They are proposing to hold it for another 104 days. 😉

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvacations said:

NCL cannot hold your money for 90 days. People should dispute the charges with their credit card companies.

Please don't start this again.  This is terrible advice.

90 day refund policies aren't uncommon.  Disputing an otherwise valid charge because you don't like the terms can have consequences because the charge itself is legitimate.

Sorry, that's just how it works.

• Like 4

The charge is not a legitimate charge. They did not provide the service paid for.

Can you point to the"terms" that i agreed to that state they can hold my money for 90 days if they failed to provide the service?

Edited by wvacations
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Please don't start this again.  This is terrible advice.

90 day refund policies aren't uncommon.  Disputing an otherwise valid charge because you don't like the terms can have consequences because the charge itself is legitimate.

Sorry, that's just how it works.

Please don't post if you don't know what you talking about unless you are living in 1972.

6 minutes ago, mnsweeps said:

Please don't post if you don't know what you talking about unless you are living in 1972.

It's called Friendly Fraud.  And do you really think the legal and finance haven't considered this?

If you dispute the charge, NCL will simply respond the refund is in process.  The card issuer will likely accept that as a proper resolution and close the case.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, boatseller said:

It's called Friendly Fraud.  And do you really think the legal and finance haven't considered this?

If you dispute the charge, NCL will simply respond the refund is in process.  The card issuer will likely accept that as a proper resolution and close the case.

sorry I quoted the wrong post. I totally agree with you.. I disputed charges already last week.. just an FYI

4 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Mate, they can't cancel today and take at least 104 more to issue the refund. No reasonable credit card company is going to refuse to charge this back for a good customer. Credit card companies deal with this stuff everyday. 104 days is longer than average. Wise up! NCL customers are not banks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blcruising said:

Mate, they can't cancel today and take at least 104 more to issue the refund. No reasonable credit card company is going to refuse to charge this back for a good customer. Credit card companies deal with this stuff everyday. 104 days is longer than average. Wise up! NCL customers are not banks.

And merchants deal with this every day too amigo.  As for customers not being banks....you payed 90+ days upfront so.....????

2 minutes ago, boatseller said:

And merchants deal with this every day too amigo.  As for customers not being banks....you payed 90+ days upfront so.....????

So, as I said. No reasonable credit card company is going to refuse the chargeback for a good customer, especially during a time of pandemic. They won't accuse you of fraud, they won't get the FBI involved. None of that will happen. The chargeback will hold and be released whenever NCL gets around to refunding the money. That will happen.

Edited by blcruising

1 hour ago, wvacations said:

Poor advise. 

A dispute is a accusation of a criminal act. And that you, as the disputer are willing to support the law enforcement in the criminal investigation (in this case an international criminal act). And should the criminal investigation find that it was a false report, the disputer could be charged by law enforcement. Just because you do not like terms of the refund does NOT make it a criminal act. 

4 minutes ago, blcruising said:

So, as I said. No reasonable credit card company is going to refuse the chargeback for a good customer, especially during a time of pandemic. They won't accuse you of fraud, they won't get the FBI involved. None of that will happen. The chargeback will hold and be released whenever NCL gets around to refunding the money. That will happen.

Amex is the only credit card company that takes the money back from the merchant right away.  Visa, Mastercard, and Discover will notify the merchant of the chargeback and gives the merchant 30-45 days to answer and then its usually another 15 days before they make a determination and take the money back if the merchant is found at fault.  During this time, the customers bank will give the customer a temporary credit to their account.  In my experience on the merchant side, its very easy to win a chargeback if you can prove the charge was valid initially and there is a refund process that has been explained to customer.   Unless its a fraudulent charge where someone used a stolen credit card to make a purchase, the credit card companies usually side with the merchant in the initial chargeback.

Anyone disputing a charge will get their money back temporarily but I fully expect the money to be pulled back again around 45 days.  At that point the customer has the option to go to arbitration which would be another 30-45 days later.  During that time I would expect NCL to stop the refund process so that the refund and chargeback don't both hit which means you probably won't fully get your money back until between 90 and 120 days.    

18 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Poor advise. 

A dispute is a accusation of a criminal act. And that you, as the disputer are willing to support the law enforcement in the criminal investigation (in this case an international criminal act). And should the criminal investigation find that it was a false report, the disputer could be charged by law enforcement. Just because you do not like terms of the refund does NOT make it a criminal act. 

Wrong yet again. During this time of pandemic, many credit card companies are proactively reaching out to their customers offering to assist. No one is going to open up a dimestic or international criminal investigation, they might make an inquiry in the normal course of business. No one is getting the FBI involved; the FBI has more important things to deal with. No one is going to initiate court charges; the courts are overburdened with real issues. Sorry, that just isn't going to happen in the real world. They'll issue the customer a credit and it will ultimately resolve itself. Wise up and Keep It Real!!

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

That is so untrue. There are numerous posts advising the truth of the matter i.e. a dispute is what it says on the tin....a dispute, nothing more, nothing less!

Here in the UK, the position is similar to what US posts are reporting....it is referenced here as a Section 75 claim, for amounts >£100 and <£30,000. For amounts <£100 the Chargeback process applies, and often with Chargeback the vendor doesn't even respond so in such case an automatic win for the consumer. In UK law refunds must be given within 14 days, no matter what the vendor may try to initiate!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blcruising said:

Wrong yet again. During this time of pandemic, many credit card companies are proactively reaching out to their customers offering to assist. No one is going to open up a dimestic or international criminal investigation, they might make an inquiry in the normal course of business. No one is getting the FBI involved; the FBI has more important things to deal with. No one is going to initiate court charges; the courts are overburdened with real issues. Sorry, that just isn't going to happen in the real world. They'll issue the customer a credit and it will ultimately resolve itself. Wise up and Keep It Real!!

Nope.

Filing a false report (i.e., "I don't like the terms of the refund") is a criminal act. That is Real!

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope.

Filing a false report (i.e., "I don't like the terms of the refund") is a criminal act. That is Real!

You are simply wrong. I don't know how many times they are going to allow you to write this on here and be wrong.

I just hope I can have access to cruisecritic when I'm locked up in jail for filing my chargeback. Lol!!

3 minutes ago, blcruising said:

You are simply wrong. I don't know how many times they are going to allow you to write this on here and be wrong.

I just hope I can have access to cruisecritic when I'm locked up in jail for filing my chargeback. Lol!!

Don't be so hyperbolic.  The claim will just be refused pending the established refund procedure.  That's all...probably.