Re-booking using FCC

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone have advice on how to best re-book using FCC. We received FCC for cruise we were supposed to go on in March and are considering re-booking for next March. Heard conflicting reports whether I can use FCC for the deposit, and I want to book refundable and be able to rebook if prices go down. Would like to avoid tying up cash in a deposit if possible. Thanks for any insights!

2 minutes ago, flyawaycay said:

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone have advice on how to best re-book using FCC. We received FCC for cruise we were supposed to go on in March and are considering re-booking for next March. Heard conflicting reports whether I can use FCC for the deposit, and I want to book refundable and be able to rebook if prices go down. Would like to avoid tying up cash in a deposit if possible. Thanks for any insights!

Yes you can, you will still need to pay port fees and taxes up  front 

you can also also put a hold on a cruise with no deposit until May 31 to allow time for the FCC to come in 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, flyawaycay said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Just to confirm - if I use my FCC for the deposit, can I still take advantage of price drops in the future if I book refundable? 

Refundable or non refundable it would be treated the same.

As far as getting the price drops I’m not sure as it becomes more difficult as the use the FCC to lower the base fare in many cases. 

Personally i would pay the deposit, it’s not much more than the taxes anyway, book refundable, watch for price drops and apply the FCC just before final payment.

One other note, if you book the cruise and decide to cancel you will not get a cash refund, you will get your FCC re-instated with the original expiration date (12/31/2021).  only payments above and beyond the FCC will be refunded.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Only if RCI cancels the sailing.

They did cancel our sailing but we had canceled the day before to meet the 48 hour requirement to get the FCC. Originally they sent an email offering us a cash refund but then took sent an email last week saying that was an error.

1 minute ago, flyawaycay said:

They did cancel our sailing but we had canceled the day before to meet the 48 hour requirement to get the FCC. Originally they sent an email offering us a cash refund but then took sent an email last week saying that was an error.

If you have cancelled prior to the cruise line...FCC only.  If you had not cancelled and were still planning on sailing then you have a refund as an option 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

That’s right, too bad we missed a refund by a day though.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you have cancelled prior to the cruise line...FCC only.  If you had not cancelled and were still planning on sailing then you have a refund as an option 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I stupidly caved due to our kids worrying about us and canceled March 9. That 3 days cost us a nice boost to our FCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It shouldn’t have. The March 9 cruises were never cancelled by Royal.  (Unless yours was one of the overseas sailings) 

edit...sorry, saw that you cancelled March 9, not that your cruise was March 9

Edited by Ourusualbeach