Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your funny story of lady at Target reminds me of a time I was in baby food isle with a friend.  I was looking at getting baby food for my cat that had an allergic reaction and had a swollen tongue and was unable to eat cat food.   Vet suggested I try baby food.   

Woman asks me name of my baby.  I tell her Cosmo, she gave me the strangest look and walked away mumbling to her husband something like "what's wrong with people nowadays, who names their son Cosmo"   I couldn't help but shout out.   He is a Ginger😁

We had that issue at the grocery store, looking at cereal and this guy was standing next to us, also perusing the brands. 

Bill picked up a box of Multi-grain Cheerios. And I said, "Bobby doesn't like those." 

And Bill said, rather loudly, "I don't CARE what Bobby likes!" And the guy snickered. 

I said to the guy, "Bobby is a cat."  And he laughed loudly. Bill bought the plain Cheerios. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Prescient knowledge !  

Thanks, like the flu shot I’m guessing. My brain has been fried with trying to get this video stuff to work (definitely not my forte) and not thinking about that. 

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

You of all people should know you can’t question the science.  We have spent billions for shots, take yours and shut up!

🤣🤣🤣  I have had 4, but thanks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Bob, thank you so much!  It is all thanks to the new iPhone 14 Pro.  It is quite a step up for me from the iPhone 6S.  That was from 2015.  LOL.  Finally, it was time for me to upgrade.  I really didn’t have a chance to take any pictures with it until after I got to Florence because I was in no condition to play around with it before that at home.  I am pretty happy with it and still learning especially taking night time pictures.  I probably need to sign up for some Genius classes so I can learn a thing or two about this phone.

The Quality of your photos is selling this phone to me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL video worked for me.  Beautiful water.

That’s odd because for me I can’t get it to play so I put it on a YT account. Not what I was wanting to do. I can’t get the thumbnail to work unless they can verify it’s me. They do this by either sending a text or a phone call, neither of which I can get now. What a pain.

• Like 4

Saturday here in Sydney.  We headed off to Sculptures by the Sea, an annual event, that hasn’t been held for 2 years due to you know what.  If you’ve been to Sydney and done very popular Bondi to Coogee coastal walk, then Sculptures by the Sea is held in the first section of that walk from Bondi Beach to Tamarama Beach.

Bondi Beach:

92051986-4B1E-4F2C-B369-67E90252AE29.thumb.jpeg.9a5d8c1ea960b864cb79924f2e201773.jpeg

The walk starts at Icebergs Bondi.9B62AD59-1C3F-4598-BAC4-B3449F003E91.thumb.jpeg.7bd69a72cbe7fcf5316e82cdad60911e.jpeg

On the way in, a friend was giving me live updates on the house auction she was attending, so this Art installation was appropriate…1ACFBC2F-5A37-47CE-9E23-3F92C3838A8C.thumb.jpeg.484230666c075b38e6d4ddcc3b4ce4ef.jpeg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s odd because for me I can’t get it to play so I put it on a YT account. Not what I was wanting to do. I can’t get the thumbnail to work unless they can verify it’s me. They do this by either sending a text or a phone call, neither of which I can get now. What a pain.

It works fine. That's weird. I spent 3 weeks in Hawaii, on Maui. in a SPU college tropical marine biology class, and never had a problem with the Trigger fish. The sea snakes and reef sharks were more of a problem, because they would get so close. I had no idea that TF would get aggressive like that. Fascinating! And great video! We love hearing about your adventures. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

@ReneeFLL we caught the bus there from Circular Quay.  If you want to do this, let me know & I can give you specific instructions. It’s just under an hour by bus each way to get there from Circular Quay to Bondi Beach on a Saturday.  Spent 1 1/2hrs walking one way & taking lots of photos & 45mins walking on the way back without stopping from Tamarama Beach to Bondi on the same paths.  There is a grassy area at the midway point with a small menu & outdoor seating.35813C1C-D362-4329-ACD0-ABA504124107.thumb.jpeg.8c6968c9fa4ae12bea496bbbb4d61c6d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Since I've been reading that folks who received all boosters are still getting covid, I'm thinking, what's the point?

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm on the fence about getting the 4th shot.  I am definitely going to get my annual Flu shot soon.

Exactly.  What is the point.  DH got his 2nd booster and flu shot at the same time on both arms a few weeks ago.  Makes you wonder.

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We were booked on your sailings, and cancelled because the DW couldn’t leave her mother for a month….  

I am hoping you catch the TA.

jc

I remember talking about that.  We were sorry you had to cancel.  Was looking forward to meeting you.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

And for @dani negreanu we strolled at Circular Quay after getting off the bus & Celebrity Eclipse was docked

Thanks !!! Just went online to thank you for the sculpture's pics also on behalf of DH, who enjoyed them very much.

We strolled by the OPT everyday, since we're staying at the [then] Holiday Inn Old Sydney, and took the ferry to Bondi Beach one day.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL we caught the bus there from Circular Quay.  If you want to do this, let me know & I can give you specific instructions. It’s just under an hour by bus each way to get there from Circular Quay to Bondi Beach on a Saturday.  Spent 1 1/2hrs walking one way & taking lots of photos & 45mins walking on the way back without stopping from Tamarama Beach to Bondi on the same paths.  There is a grassy area at the midway point with a small menu & outdoor seating.35813C1C-D362-4329-ACD0-ABA504124107.thumb.jpeg.8c6968c9fa4ae12bea496bbbb4d61c6d.jpeg

Thanks, I’ll let you know.

12 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Exactly.  What is the point.  DH got his 2nd booster and flu shot at the same time on both arms a few weeks ago.  Makes you wonder.…

They never said it would stop you from getting it, but it’s supposed to lessen the severity of it. I’m happy I got mine.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks !!! Just went online to thank you for the sculpture's pics also on behalf of DH, who enjoyed them very much.

We strolled by the OPT everyday, since we're staying at the [then] Holiday Inn Old Sydney, and took the ferry to Bondi Beach one day.

Glad DH enjoyed them.  I figured you would have gone to Bondi during your stay.  Your former hotel is in a great location as you know

4 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Glad DH enjoyed them.  I figured you would have gone to Bondi during your stay.  Your former hotel is in a great location as you know

That's the pic I've sent to the kids and friends, with the caption: "the tiny Romanian from Bucharest has made it to the other half of the world 😁".... We were just out of the CQ underground station, straight from the airport, on our way to the hotel, jet lagged and in awe.

image.thumb.jpeg.80511182b7ca8e2e9ed324e12c8c795d.jpeg

• Like 20

14 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It was excellent.  The steak was very tender and really only needed a little bit of salt.  You didn’t even need to tell them medium rare.  That is the way they will make it.  But of course, for me, I always eat my steak with ketchup but I did not dare ask them for it.  They would throw me out for sure.  🤣  So even without ketchup, it was great.

A good hot mustard for me 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's the pic I've sent to the kids and friends, with the caption: "the tiny Romanian from Bucharest has made it to the other half of the world 😁".... We were just out of the CQ underground station, straight from the airport, on our way to the hotel, jet lagged and in awe.

image.thumb.jpeg.80511182b7ca8e2e9ed324e12c8c795d.jpeg

Lovely photo Dani.  It’s a wonderful feeling when you finally visit a place that you didn’t expect to visit due to long distance.

I think I’ve mentioned this before but after picking up our German exchange student and driving her straight from the airport to the roundabout in front of the Opera House where she could see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, her squeals of delight I won’t ever forget.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you!
In and out of Ravenna for the first three cruises, visiting Athens, Corfu, Mykonos, Argostoli, and Santorini, Greece.  Plus Kotor, Montenegro and Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia.  

Then we do a repo from Ravenna to Rome, stopping again in Split,   and Corfu, also Bari, Sicily and Naples, Italy. 
Then the TA from Rome to Tampa.

So far the weather has been great, and I still can’t believe I’m here!

Wonderful stops. I'm sure you said but I can't remember,  which ship are you on ?