Queen Elizabeth Position

sfred

5 hours ago, SailingCableBeach said:

The beautiful QE has dulled her lights at night as we sail out of the Red Sea.

However the night before last the ship was lit up like a Christmas tree whilst sailing through the most incredible lightening storm sometime after 3am. The lightening was continuous and very close and the ship seemed to list towards starboard. I have never experienced anything like it!  I thought it was rocket fire at first on waking although thankfully I’ve also never experienced anything like that either. Next morning the deck staff were sweeping up the sand after the storm. Wow it was amazing.

Now we continue to sail serenely toward our next port in Oman.

I thought the ship was taking in water until my husband pointed out that my glass of water had jumped off the bedside table and landed on my head

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, the wind kicked up quite a bit, lightning all around but the waves not too bad so no seasickness for me.  It seemed that the storm did not last too long and was around 3am.

The next morning several areas down Deck 2 hallway had fans blowing most of the day to try and dry up water that came from somewhere.

All but that day, the sea has been pretty calm, for which I am thankful.

Here is the morning sunrise this morning and a snapshot of where our location was earlier.

20231108_121631.thumb.jpg.4217546299f9292bb0dff8ebee20e802.jpg

20231108_121614.thumb.jpg.d653d0291a8454bd50e8c884a5f0e889.jpg

20231108_075122.thumb.jpg.0eca28753d22bf9a98d4c20e5884191b.jpg

Edited by alibabacruisers
  • Like 7

QE has returned to Singapore today, 19 November.  This completes an around-the-world voyage started back on 3 April when she last departed Singapore for Japan, Alaska, Panama,  trans-Atlantic, the Mediterranean, and the MidEast. 

Thanks to @alibabacruisers, @Wonky, @SailingCableBeach, @WoorimBeachLady and everyone who has shared recent photos and descriptions.  Bon voyage for QE's next segment back to Australia starting this evening, or safe travels home if you are disembarking today.

image.png.067b7082c4365c14851e7d895aa134c3.png

image.png.80a284cd174dad3d5c5352e127e7d31a.png

• Like 7

To any Australians on board QE at the moment. Could you please tell me if you arranged your own Indonesian visae in advance or did the ship arrange visae for eveyone on arrival?

I am travelling on QM2 and visiting Indonesia next February and was wondering what the current situation is.

Thank you.

Hi, we are on QE and we did not apply before the cruise because they told us it would be organized onboard.

We received a letter a few days prior to arriving to Indonesia saying that they would organize and charge 35USD pp.  

Edited by alibabacruisers
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Hi, we are on QE and we did not apply before the cruise because they told us it would be organized onboard.

We received a letter a few days prior to arriving to Indonesia saying that they would organize and charge 35USD pp.  

Thank you very much for the information Barbara.

Chris

• Like 1

Just now, WoorimBeachLady said:

Yes. Superb journey. Although we have been pretty sick on this voyage (Covid, flu, bronchitis) so looking forward to getting home for a check up. Cunard have been wonderful of course.

That sounds very grim. Poor you. I’m very glad you managed to gain enjoyment despite that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WoorimBeachLady said:

Yes. Superb journey. Although we have been pretty sick on this voyage (Covid, flu, bronchitis) so looking forward to getting home for a check up. Cunard have been wonderful of course.

Were Cunard able to give you anti-virals and antibiotics or whatever else you needed? I hope you're recovered now. That sounds very difficult.

• Thanks 1