Queen Elizabeth Position

sfred

3 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

Looks like it will be a lovely evening to sail under the Golden Gate! A great spectacle.

A beautiful SF afternoon on QE deck 9.  Beer is going down very easily.

20230820_155520.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

How was the embarkation process in SF @sfred and did you fly in many nights prior to boarding? 

We got in on Thursday 17th evening on QF from Sydney and had Friday and Saturday to explore before boarding today. 

Embarkation was smooth.   All info uploaded to MyCunard during the online checkin was correct and available to the agent in the terminal.   20 minutes from arrival at the terminal and we were aboard.

So nice to be aboard QE again!!!

Edited by sfred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope everyone had a great time in San Francisco today.  It was a warm day, a little sultry due to the spin off of moisture from Storm Hilary.  Warm enough that it would have been a good day to explore SF without any fog!  We will catch up with you in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sfred said:

We got in on Thursday 17th evening on QF from Sydney and had Friday and Saturday to explore before boarding today. 

Embarkation was smooth.   All info uploaded to MyCunard during the online checkin was correct and available to the agent in the terminal.   20 minutes from arrival at the terminal and we were aboard.

So nice to be aboard QE again!!!

Thanks very much @sfred. I'm very glad to hear you've got a lovely long voyage ahead of you.

• Like 1

QE is in Puntarenas Costa Rica today 29 August.  Mrs sfred and I went on an excursion to the Espiritu Santo coffee plantation.   Very nice coffee at the end of the tour.

20230829_062556.jpg

20230829_161114.jpg

20230829_133044.jpg

Edited by sfred
  • Like 5

Thanks for your reports and great pictures (especially of any new ports!)
Quick question - Regarding being in PG, I felt spoiled with the amount of closet and wardrobe space we had in PG on QM2; how do you find the “open” closet and storage space provided in general in PG on QE?

I’ve read mixed reviews of the more narrow layout of PG suites on Vistas. 
We all look forward to your Canal transit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Thanks for your reports and great pictures (especially of any new ports!)
Quick question - Regarding being in PG, I felt spoiled with the amount of closet and wardrobe space we had in PG on QM2; how do you find the “open” closet and storage space provided in general in PG on QE?

I’ve read mixed reviews of the more narrow layout of PG suites on Vistas. 
We all look forward to your Canal transit. 

Thanks @NE John!  Unfortunately our QE itinerary doesn't include any "unseen" ports for the Where in the World game.  🌎

I do prefer QM2's PG cabin layout to QE/V, but I can easily struggle through.  We have more than sufficient storage space even on this current 36-night long voyage.  My consultant career taught me to pack efficiently, although I do need to violate the consultant "carry on only" rule to accommodate formal gear.  🧳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

QE is transiting the Panama Canal today 31 August.  Photos below of the Bridge of the Americas and our first lock system at Miraflores.

20230831_062218.jpg

20230831_064912.jpg

Edited by sfred
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, sfred said:

QE is transiting the Panama Canal today 31 August.  Photos below of the Bridge of the Americas and our first lock system at Miraflores.

20230831_062218.jpg

20230831_064912.jpg

How are you dealing with the heat? Can you stay outside for long periods of time before sun/heat getting to you?

Your narrative and pictures are appreciated!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NE John said:

How are you dealing with the heat? Can you stay outside for long periods of time before sun/heat getting to you?

Your narrative and pictures are appreciated!

Thanks! @Essiesmom also posted some great shots from the Canal cam showing QE from outside. 

Temperatures and humidity aren't bad at all, for the wife and me anyway.  It was only 27c at dawn this morning and forecast high of 31c or so.  That would be a cool day in Brisbane summer.  🌞  It might be different for those on board from colder climates. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, sfred said:

QE is in Bermuda today 8 September.   It is the only port on our voyage that drives on the correct side of the road!  😀  🚙

20230908_090938.jpg

20230908_071300.jpg

Best wishes for smooth sailing for your TA. Looks like QE is moving east outracing Lee going west. 
We here in New England have to be on alert though. 

• Like 2