Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

18 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Does anyone know what’s going on with the wharf at OPT ?

It looks like they are extending it by about 50 meters to the South?

There goes our third cruise terminal.

Sounds like they are making arrangements to host a Nuclear powered Air Craft Carrier😇

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Sounds like they are making arrangements to host a Nuclear powered Air Craft Carrier😇

They are in the process of building one a Garden Island for the Nimitz.

Thats a naval base a beer cans throw on the other side of the opera house.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Seriously? I was joking knowing how Australians feel about Nukes. I knew there was a Navy base there but hosting a Nuke? We have had them visit here in the past but not for a few years and never along side. They always anchor out at the roads.

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Seriously? I was joking knowing how Australians feel about Nukes. I knew there was a Navy base there but hosting a Nuke? We have had them visit here in the past but not for a few years and never along side. They always anchor out at the roads.

They are building a new wharf at Garden island for bigger ships.

Our prime minister was good mates with Trumpy .

The next aircraft carrier is going to be called USS Trumpy baby and it’s going to be orange.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think you have us mixed up the kiwis,Lyle.

As for nukes , I believe nuclear powered ships call into Perth , I don’t know about sydney, I believe they might.

Someone will correct me.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

They are building a new wharf at Garden island for bigger ships.

Our prime minister was good mates with Trumpy .

The next aircraft carrier is going to be called USS Trumpy baby and it’s going to be orange.

Even if that former "leader" managed to get an aircraft carrier named for him the keel hasn't been laid so they can change the name any time. The next 2 are John F. Kennedy (a real Leader) and USS Enterprise, I'm not sure they need anymore, I think the US has more Aircraft carriers than all the rest of the world's navies put together.

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Even if that former "leader" managed to get an aircraft carrier named for him the keel hasn't been laid so they can change the name any time. The next 2 are John F. Kennedy (a real Leader) and USS Enterprise, I'm not sure they need anymore, I think the US has more Aircraft carriers than all the rest of the world's navies put together.

Yeh but they are going to be painted grey ,how boring.

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What does @BRANDEE think about the next US aircraft carrier with that name and being painted fake tan orange.

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What does @BRANDEE think about the next US aircraft carrier with that name and being painted fake tan orange.

If it becomes cheetos face's  new residence and it can be used for target practice..I'm all for it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

USS Trump, I like it, putt putt golf on the flight deck. Tie it up at The new Port Botany Cruise Terminal.

I do hope that some Day the USS New York will visit your shores.  It is a new advanced warship that is made from 7.5 tons of steel from the World Trade Center.  It is a testament to our fallen New Yorkers who deserve the honor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I do hope that some Day the USS New York will visit your shores.  It is a new advanced warship that is made from 7.5 tons of steel from the World Trade Center.  It is a testament to our fallen New Yorkers who deserve the honor.

I saw a doco re USS New York. Yes a fitting tribute. On my travels I have toured some of the old warships, USS Missouri, HMS Belfast and a few more.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BRANDEE said:

I watched a documentary about that ship. When the steel arrived a the foundry it was a special day. Then when that steel reached the ship yard that was an even bigger deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I know the the Nimitz is being deployed to the Pacific..are you serious about it going to Garden Island. I heard it was going to be decommissioned in 2025.  Nimitz is our family name so our kids keep tabs on its whereabouts. Hoping to come go board when it is decommissioned.

5 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I know the the Nimitz is being deployed to the Pacific..are you serious about it going to Garden Island. I heard it was going to be decommissioned in 2025.  Nimitz is our family name so our kids keep tabs on its whereabouts. Hoping to come go board when it is decommissioned.

Australia has not had an aicraft carrier in  its fleet for decades. Even if one were gifted we could not afford to operate and maintain it. 4000 crew? That is about the manpower of the entire Royal Australian Navy.lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I've been on a Nimitz Class ship, the USS John C. Stennis (I still have the ball cap). It would be so cool if that class leading ship could be a floating Museum like the Missouri or Intrepid but the whole nuclear thing makes that about impossible. They were going to save the Island from USS Enterprise but I'm not sure that happened.

• Like 1

There is a rumour QM2 is being passed on to P and O Straya, so she needs a longer berth. She overhung opt when we boarded her a few years ago. Just over 1000 feet in length.

Yes folks, shorts singlets and thongs in the Queens Grill lol.

Pacific Mary, I like it. 

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I've been on a Nimitz Class ship, the USS John C. Stennis (I still have the ball cap). It would be so cool if that class leading ship could be a floating Museum like the Missouri or Intrepid but the whole nuclear thing makes that about impossible. They were going to save the Island from USS Enterprise but I'm not sure that happened.

I'm pretty sure there is no nuclear "threat" with the Intrepid since it became a landmark and a museum.  Keeping it on the dock off NYC would be a risk.  Just glad that they did not scrap her.

25 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

We are building bases and  ports for your team, so who knows?

But as for garden island ,I was there today and they are building a big new dock.

Edited by Chiliburn