RCCL email for full payment of July cruise

For a backstory, back in Dec. of 2018 I booked a cruise for my husband and I on Harmony for April 2020 to celebrate 3 years married.  On March 13 when I saw all the signs of that cruise not happening, I called RCCL and cancelled-and rebooked for July 26 on Harmony.  I still have not received any FCC for that canceled April cruise as of today.  As I got to reading further it became pretty apparent that July would probably be out of the question as well, so I booked Allure for late November.  My husband and I have 3 toddlers so we have to coordinate with my parents on them watching the kids while we went on our trip, and both of them still work.  Last night RCCL sent me an email demanding full payment for the July 26 cruise, which I only put a deposit on in March when all of this was unfolding.  My question is regarding the new "no sail order" that extends the suspension to July 24 which is taking effect tomorrow, and that the July cruise is barely outside of that order.  If Royal had been better about giving the FCC in a timely manner I'd be less concerned about handing over money but when I canceled March 13 they told me 10 days to receive my FCC and here we are over a month later and nothing.  My confidence in their handling of my money is in the gutter, so I don't want to pay July in full for them to just hold onto that for God knows how long.  If you were in my shoes, what would you do?  Would you just call now and have them start the forever process of an FCC for the deposit?  Would you just plain ask for the refund in cash?  If our late Nov cruise is far enough for the virus to be better under control and safe to cruise out we fully intend on going.

Payment on your July Cruise isn’t due until April 26 or 27.

even when Royal updates their cancellation schedule I would guess that it will only extend until the end of June.

i would wait another week to see if your FCC comes in and what cruises are being cancelled. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I would cancel and ask for the deposit back.  It would be better to take the loss on the deposit than to give them the full amount on a cruise that even if it sails, you probably shouldn't take.  The November cruise sounds much more realistic sail date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adidas5676 said:

Would you just plain ask for the refund in cash? 

You can't get that unless RCI cancels the sailing - like you should have done with your 3/13 decision, wait. Don't book anything else outside of final payment.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can't get that unless RCI cancels the sailing - like you should have done with your 3/13 decision, wait. Don't book anything else outside of final payment.

We got the same email about two weeks before final payment date on our July 12 cruise. Since we hadn’t paid anything but the deposit, we just cancelled and took the FCC for the deposit. We will probably do the same thing with our September cruise - just wait it out and cancel if things don’t improve.

• Like 1