How Fast Did You Get Your FCC..

hbboers

Hi

We were booked on the NCL Sun for May 1.  Was cancelled March 30 and was told a FCC would be issued by Apr 3..

Still no FCC on my account.  Called 4 times in 2 weeks.  Just told to be patient. Meanwhile a cruise to South America i am looking at  has gone from 1575 cdn to 2815 cdn.

since my cruise was cancelled.  Even with the 125% FCC and 20% discount it is still way more.  21 Days+++to process a FCC seems ridiculous .

Very poor customer service.

• Like 1

My FCC didn't show up when I looked online but when we called a NCL Rep to rebook for next year she could see it and our refund of the travel insurance.

If you are ready to book, I would call - Wouldn't hurt to try again

I'm surprised that when you called they told you to be patient and didn't say they could see it.

22 minutes ago, hbboers said:

Hi

We were booked on the NCL Sun for May 1.  Was cancelled March 30 and was told a FCC would be issued by Apr 3..

Still no FCC on my account.  Called 4 times in 2 weeks.  Just told to be patient. Meanwhile a cruise to South America i am looking at  has gone from 1575 cdn to 2815 cdn.

since my cruise was cancelled.  Even with the 125% FCC and 20% discount it is still way more.  21 Days+++to process a FCC seems ridiculous .

We were booked on the same cruise as you and received our FCC in our accounts on Apr 3. Still waiting for the two CruiseNext certificates we used to be redeposited.

1 hour ago, hbboers said:

Hi

Same story here. My 4/12 cruise was cancelled on 3/30 and the letter that was e-mailed to me also stated I'd get my FCC by 4/3. Well it has been a couple weeks and I haven't received my Future Cruise Credit, Refund of CruiseNext Deposits, or my 20% off a future cruise coupon which supposedly expires any day now. Like you I've called them probably 5 times and the reps are clueless. Just told that they have no way of getting in touch with the refunds department, even after escalating to a supervisor. Horrible customer service. I understand they are backlogged but they should be able to escalate my issue to the right department and get it resolved within a reasonable timeframe.

Edited by cksv

3 hours ago, akmarshall said:

We were booked on the same cruise as you and received our FCC in our accounts on Apr 3. Still waiting for the two CruiseNext certificates we used to be redeposited.

I was booked on a cruise for May 10.. so as others have said I got a message saying the fcc would be in my account by Apr 3.. it was a week later than that before it appeared and my cruise next voucher still hasn’t reappeared.

From the original message the 20% discount is due to expire today, and that discount isn’t in the form of fcc/voucher it just calculates it when you go through the booking process.  

If I wasn't annoyed before, this thread has done it.

On March 11, we cancelled our March 29 cruise, 2 days before NCL cancelled the cruise themselves.

We haven't seen any FCC yet, and/or the $500 Nextcruise certs we used.  

Our travel agent has called twice, and each time was told to call back after a week.

We called ourselves today, and were told the same thing.  The CSR said that she as sending an email to her Supervisor, but, according to a reply above, that's not going to accomplish anything.

We've been trying to stay patient, realizing the overwhelming deluge they've been dealing with, but ...

It is unbelievable to hear that people with May cruises have had their cases processed, especially since they cancelled several weeks after we did.  😠

On 4/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, cksv said:

Same story here. My 4/12 cruise was cancelled on 3/30 and the letter that was e-mailed to me also stated I'd get my FCC by 4/3. Well it has been a couple weeks and I haven't received my Future Cruise Credit, Refund of CruiseNext Deposits, or my 20% off a future cruise coupon which supposedly expires any day now. Like you I've called them probably 5 times and the reps are clueless. Just told that they have no way of getting in touch with the refunds department, even after escalating to a supervisor. Horrible customer service. I understand they are backlogged but they should be able to escalate my issue to the right department and get it resolved within a reasonable timeframe.

Just wanted to update and let everyone know that I finally got my Future Cruise Credits today! I called once again this morning and escalated to a supervisor. She said she would e-mail the refunds department again and a couple hours later I had the FCCs in my account! Very relieved to see the credit on My NCL now. I ended up getting my original total back less my two CruiseNext Deposits, as well as a 25% bonus based on my total cruise fare (including all taxes)! I'm very pleased about the bonus and will be patient about my CruiseNext Deposits since that seems to be a common issue for many people.

22 hours ago, Robkat said:

If I wasn't annoyed before, this thread has done it.

On March 11, we cancelled our March 29 cruise, 2 days before NCL cancelled the cruise themselves.

We haven't seen any FCC yet, and/or the $500 Nextcruise certs we used.  

Our travel agent has called twice, and each time was told to call back after a week.

We called ourselves today, and were told the same thing.  The CSR said that she as sending an email to her Supervisor, but, according to a reply above, that's not going to accomplish anything.

We've been trying to stay patient, realizing the overwhelming deluge they've been dealing with, but ...

It is unbelievable to hear that people with May cruises have had their cases processed, especially since they cancelled several weeks after we did.  😠

lesson learned . let them cancel first.   my may 20th cruise is still "on" so im just waiting it out 

23 minutes ago, cksv said:

Just wanted to update and let everyone know that I finally got my Future Cruise Credits today! I called once again this morning and escalated to a supervisor. She said she would e-mail the refunds department again and a couple hours later I had the FCCs in my account! Very relieved to see the credit on My NCL now. I ended up getting my original total back less my two CruiseNext Deposits, as well as a 25% bonus based on my total cruise fare (including all taxes)! I'm very pleased about the bonus and will be patient about my CruiseNext Deposits since that seems to be a common issue for many people.

We got our FCC today as well, albeit minus exactly $100.  Weird.  

1 hour ago, mianmike said:

We got our FCC today as well, albeit minus exactly $100.  Weird.  

Did you use a partial cruise next voucher on the booking? If so that could be the $100, or if you paid for excursions or other items they won’t be part of the fcc. I’m still waiting on the refund for water I’d ordered as well as my cruise next voucher.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, hbboers said:

Hi

Hi

I finally got my FFC and the amount was correct.  Now lets hope NCL stays in business

Edited by hbboers
spelling

7 hours ago, eileeshb said:

Did you use a partial cruise next voucher on the booking? If so that could be the $100, or if you paid for excursions or other items they won’t be part of the fcc. I’m still waiting on the refund for water I’d ordered as well as my cruise next voucher.

No, we used two $250 CN's.  The phone rep couldn't figure it out.  Calling back tomorrow.  

17 hours ago, mianmike said:

No, we used two $250 CN's.  The phone rep couldn't figure it out.  Calling back tomorrow.  

Making some progress. I just logged into My NCL to find 1 of 2 of my CruiseNext deposits back on my account. Strange that both weren't credited back at the same time considering I used both together on my cancelled booking, but I'll take the one for now, lol!

• Like 1

We (husband and myself) were also supposed to be going on a cruise May 1st, that was cancelled. Received the FCC on our NCL accounts last Wednesday, and almost everything is correct. Only difference is that I paid the original deposit with a CruiseNext voucher, and the FCC includes the TOTAL amount of the reservation (and that of course includes any deposit) AND I have received the CruiseNext voucher to my NCL account. Well, I am not going to complain about that.... 🙂

I have instead booked a new cruise for September 2021, that turned out to be at a very good price. First got the 30% discount that was promotional offer for "everyone", and on top of that 20% extra discount because of the FCC, then  the extra 25% FCC became deducted directly from the cabin price. Plus that there is a current promotion on where it allows you to use two CruiseNext vouchers for any type of cabin, so there I got a value of $500 for something that originally I paid $300 for (2 x $150).

So right now I am actually content that I decided to go for the FCC instead of a cash refund. 

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

Still awaiting our FCC . I spoke with my PCC yesterday and was told it probably was going to take a couple of more weeks as NCL is swamped .We canceled Apr. 1 and originally was told 7 business days . My cruise next certificate was returned in 2 days . Guess I'll just to watch and call again .Really would like to have this all settled .