Will RCL extend FCC expiration dates?

When originally offered under Cruise with Confidence, FCC's had a sail by date of 12/2021. This was just prior to the first 30 day industry shut down. Since that time the shutdown has been continued, and as of today another 100 days has been added pending meeting some very challenging new orders from the CDC.  Point being, there is obviously no date certain these FCC's could be applied. With each passing month the opportunity to use an FCC decreases since the expiration is finite. 

Does anyone think that Royal will extend the use of FCC into 2022 or 2023?  I have multiple now; for Celebrity and Royal. 

We cancelled our March 7 cruise on March 6 and because we did not meet the 48 hour notice "Cruise with Confidence" did not apply.  We worked with our travel agent and were required to get a Doctors note at which point Royal gave us Future Cruise Certificates.   Guess what they are good till March 2021 AKA 1 year not the end of 2021.  It's not clear what the rules are though.  IE can it apply to a booking for a sailing 2022 or like Cruise with Confidence  does the sail date have to happen by March.

Either way the same question applies for us.

3 minutes ago, zalusky said:

We cancelled our March 7 cruise on March 6 and because we did not meet the 48 hour notice "Cruise with Confidence" did not apply.  We worked with our travel agent and were required to get a Doctors note at which point Royal gave us Future Cruise Certificates.   Guess what they are good till March 2021 AKA 1 year not the end of 2021.  It's not clear what the rules are though.  IE can it apply to a booking for a sailing 2022 or like Cruise with Confidence  does the sail date have to happen by March.

Either way the same question applies for us.

Some people have said it says "Sail by" date on the FCC, however they have been successful applying it to cruises beyond the sail by date so they are referring it as a "apply by" date. I would call and check with RCCL once all this stuff calms down or if you have a cruise you would like to apply this to. 

If RCL intended for it to be good for 2022 and 2023 it would be easy for them to amend their terms and conditions.  I've been burned by "know nothing, but say anything" phone reps multiple times over the years with RCL so I have no choice but to go by their printed terms and conditions.  I am finding it harder and harder to reschedule cruises.  2020 is basically out for us; summer will be gone realistically, and in the fall we are up against school calendars.  I don't think asking for a published extension of the FCC is unreasonable. 

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

When originally offered under Cruise with Confidence, FCC's had a sail by date of 12/2021. This was just prior to the first 30 day industry shut down. Since that time the shutdown has been continued, and as of today another 100 days has been added pending meeting some very challenging new orders from the CDC.  Point being, there is obviously no date certain these FCC's could be applied. With each passing month the opportunity to use an FCC decreases since the expiration is finite. 

Does anyone think that Royal will extend the use of FCC into 2022 or 2023?  I have multiple now; for Celebrity and Royal. 

Doubt it. Usual FCC one yr, anything longer is Bonus

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Doubt it. Usual FCC one yr, anything longer is Bonus

That's a lot of money to lose for canceling less than 48 hours before they shut down operations. I find their handling so far suboptimal. 

40 minutes ago, figment7 said:

Some people have said it says "Sail by" date on the FCC, however they have been successful applying it to cruises beyond the sail by date so they are referring it as a "apply by" date. I would call and check with RCCL once all this stuff calms down or if you have a cruise you would like to apply this to. 

I have sent an email to the lady who worked this out and so far no response.  We actually do have a down under cruise for next March on the books but my wife has risk factors and there are high odds of no vaccine by then even if it does sail I am not sure we will be on it.  Oh well plenty of time before final payment.

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

you would think they would be open to this, so as to spread out the financial burden that comes with redeeming these certificates

I suspect that the initial plan was to stick with the end of 2021 so that all the financial impacts are done and over with as opposed to carrying liabilities over to another year however given the extensions and that many other cruise lines have extended theirs until at least May 1 2022 I feel that they will soon have to offer a longer period to use them by.  Whether that will apply to all that have been issued or new ones going forward, that remains to be seen.