Great Credit Card Perk

Caroldoll

I am not positive this is allowed, but I feel compelled to tell the cruise community of a great experience that I have had with CHASE PREFERRED CREDIT CARD.

On March 5 we were told by our doctor that my husband could not cruise for the rest of the year.  We were leaving on March 8 for a cruise and we had to cancel immediately.  My husband had a cancer diagnosis and the doctors wanted it cared for immediately.  

I had purchased my trip through Chase Preferred, and as of today, I am pleased to tell you that they have paid my entire claim in full.  It was at their maximum which is $10,000 per person.  Yes there was paperwork, and we survived it.

This is a perk that is INCLUDED.  I will be forever grateful to Chase for providing this wonderful trip cancellation insurance.  

• Like 2

We have this card precisely for this reason.  Generally our cruises are above the $10,000 pp maximum and chase does not include medical or evacuation.  Hence, we purchase trip insurance for the excess.  We have not had to make any claims, thank goodness, but I think we are well covered using this method.  

4 hours ago, mrstanley said:

Does American Express Platinum offer that?

No I don’t think so. We had the platinum card and switched to Chase Sapphire. We had to use the insurance two years ago for three cruises and there was no problem getting reimbursed. The card also gives you primary insurance for car rentals.

6 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

I am not positive this is allowed, but I feel compelled to tell the cruise community of a great experience that I have had with CHASE PREFERRED CREDIT CARD.

On March 5 we were told by our doctor that my husband could not cruise for the rest of the year.  We were leaving on March 8 for a cruise and we had to cancel immediately.  My husband had a cancer diagnosis and the doctors wanted it cared for immediately.  

I had purchased my trip through Chase Preferred, and as of today, I am pleased to tell you that they have paid my entire claim in full.  It was at their maximum which is $10,000 per person.  Yes there was paperwork, and we survived it.

This is a perk that is INCLUDED.  I will be forever grateful to Chase for providing this wonderful trip cancellation insurance.  

We switched from Amex to Chase Sapphire Preferred about 3 years ago and are very happy with them.  Good to hear that this benefit pays off!

13 hours ago, mrstanley said:

Does American Express Platinum offer that?

They just started some type of benefit in January, 2020, but  I would call and find out how good it is.  I have not checked yet.

7 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

We switched from Amex to Chase Sapphire Preferred about 3 years ago and are very happy with them.  Good to hear that this benefit pays off!

Also, Jackie, one claim a year.  Amex has something now.  I want to check and see how good it is.  I never thought this would pay, but I am grateful that it did.  Of course my cruise was more, but half a loaf is better than none.  Great card.

3 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Caroldoll, best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery!

We have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which has the same coverage. We’ve made two small claims and had very satisfying results. We are fans, and this is one reason we have this card. 

Thank you so much for the good wishes.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:16 AM, PSU said:

No I don’t think so. We had the platinum card and switched to Chase Sapphire. We had to use the insurance two years ago for three cruises and there was no problem getting reimbursed. The card also gives you primary insurance for car rentals.

American Express just started this in 2020.  I need to check the benefits