Cruise cancelled but still showing on my account

EllieinNJ

This was to be my first Carnival cruise, 9 day Bermuda out of NY on the Sunrise on September 28, 2020.  I booked this cruise in January, 2020.  In all this time I have never gotten an email from Carnival.  Then I got the cancellation notice from my travel agent that ALL Sunrise cruises had been cancelled through October, 2020.

Why is this cruise still showing on my account?  Why have I not gotten an email personally from Carnival about getting a refund or booking a future cruise?  I know they like to only deal with the travel agents but the other lines still send me emails and I had to deal directly with NCL about their cancellation for an April 19th cruise.

This is strange. Carnival named Radiance and Legand cruises being canceling until then, nothing about Sunrise. But sure enough if you search Carnivals website nothing is listed for Sunrise until Ocrober. Maybe your TA knows something Carnival hasn't announced yet?  Even tho Carnival wont help you with your booking I would still call and ask someone if this is true. 

Carnival is working on refunds and credits in the date order of the cruise sailing.  The cruise will most likely remain on your account/personalizer and you may even receive notices to continue checking, getting ready to sail, etc as these are automatic notices.  Once the sail date has passed and your refund is processed, the cruise should disappear.  It is a way for them to keep track of everything.  (note this may sound like I am speaking on behalf of Carnival...I am not🙃)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

This was to be my first Carnival cruise, 9 day Bermuda out of NY on the Sunrise on September 28, 2020.  I booked this cruise in January, 2020.  In all this time I have never gotten an email from Carnival.  Then I got the cancellation notice from my travel agent that ALL Sunrise cruises had been cancelled through October, 2020.

Why is this cruise still showing on my account?  Why have I not gotten an email personally from Carnival about getting a refund or booking a future cruise?  I know they like to only deal with the travel agents but the other lines still send me emails and I had to deal directly with NCL about their cancellation for an April 19th cruise.

it takes time for carnival to officially cancel it. I was booked on the Carnival Legend for a May 16 cruise. Carnival released an announcement that it was canceled on April 1. It was not until around April 12 or so, when i got the officially cancel email from Carnival and then it was removed from my account.

Edited by shof515

My March 23rd sailing was showing right up to the day of sailing. If I remember correctly it was cancelled on March 13th.  I finally got my refund today. This might give some folks a timeline on how quick the refunds are going out. Booked with carnival directly.

Edited by miataman19

I was booked on the Legend for this week. The cruise is no longer on my account but no refund for taxes/excursions yet (wasn't expecting any yet but did think the cruise would be somewhere on my account). I don't know if this is because I used a TA or not. I did notice when I tried to open the original link for my booking, from the TA site, it was no longer available. I was trying to see the breakout of my taxes, etc. I wish I had screen captured it! I have all the emails from both TA and Carnival about the cancellation but not details of what I paid.

3 hours ago, HxFx said:

I was booked on the Legend for this week. The cruise is no longer on my account but no refund for taxes/excursions yet (wasn't expecting any yet but did think the cruise would be somewhere on my account). I don't know if this is because I used a TA or not. I did notice when I tried to open the original link for my booking, from the TA site, it was no longer available. I was trying to see the breakout of my taxes, etc. I wish I had screen captured it! I have all the emails from both TA and Carnival about the cancellation but not details of what I paid.

Your TA gets copies of your cruise booking confirmations if he/she booked them. Email and ask them for a copy.

• Thanks 1