European Shipyards are starting to wake up

BlerkOne

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

But wait....we read posts here by some they were scrapping all the ships starting with the ones in the ship yards😎

Probably will push out ships that haven't started, but once under construction they have to do something with them.

As for reading posts here, well, just sayin'.

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Probably will push out ships that haven't started, but once under construction they have to do something with them.

As for reading posts here, well, just sayin'.

It was said tongue in cheek to make my point.  

I am of the opinion that the days of constructing these mega ships might be numbered once the current builds are completed. I believe this for a number of reasons starting with what I believe will be a harder sell for first time cruisers for the foreseeable future.

I also believe you will see any number of home ports enacting limitations to turn around day populations, especially in ports able to accommodate more than one ship in a single day. The reason for that being they do not have public safety capability in place to handle that size of population shore side.

I think in the after action reports following this crisis any number of places are going to be found deficient, in not following federal pandemic stockpiling guidelines and emergency operations plans recommended. Many have been in place for decades, and recently updated following SARS.

Finally, I believe it will take a couple years at least before air travel recovers to 2019 levels, making the ability to meet a ship on a specific day either more difficult, more expensive, or probably both.