Voom Internet Package

MAYBE going  on 12 nite TA in November. We are D+ so we get free time. If i want to purchase a voom package for one device is it better to buy onboard or buy now at a discounted price?  What do they deduct being D+? Can i get the D+ discount prior to boarding? 

Thank you 

Edited by artvlay

15 minutes ago, artvlay said:

MAYBE going  on 12 nite TA in November. We are D+ so we get free time. If i want to purchase a voom package for one device is it better to buy onboard or buy now at a discounted price?  What do they deduct being D+? Can i get the D+ discount prior to boarding? 

Thank you 

You only get your D+ discount if you purchase on board.

While it somewhat depends on the price in your Cruise Planner, a general rule of thumb is that the longer the cruise, the more likely that pre-purchasing in your Cruise Planner is a better deal than two free days or a $48-ish discount on a full cruise package.

IMO always better to buy online thru cruise planner then wait till onboard.    Now if you do not need wifi for the days you are at port and only need wifi for the couple sea days you will have then you may want to just use the free days you will get with D+ and purchase 1 or 2 days.   that would be much cheaper than buying 12 day package.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO always better to buy online thru cruise planner then wait till onboard.    Now if you do not need wifi for the days you are at port and only need wifi for the couple sea days you will have then you may want to just use the free days you will get with D+ and purchase 1 or 2 days.   that would be much cheaper than buying 12 day package.

He is asking about a 12 night Transatlantic cruise.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

He is asking about a 12 night Transatlantic cruise.

My apologies i did read it was a TA and forgot that quick (might be because of the Mojito I just made).    So sorry and thank you for pointing that out.    

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My apologies i did read it was a TA and forgot that quick (might be because of the Mojito I just made).    So sorry and thank you for pointing that out.    

Cheers!  <hic>

27 minutes ago, artvlay said:

The site is showing $9.95 per day. (25% discount) = 12 days being $114. 

If you want wifi while away, I would book that price.

If it decreases between now and your cruise (keep checking the website), you can cancel and rebook at the lower price.

3 hours ago, artvlay said:

The site is showing $9.95 per day. (25% discount) = 12 days being $114. 

That's a good price.  I would book it, then check for sales on Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc.  If you find it cheaper, you can cancel and rebook.  

It used to be I would get the VOOM package and my wife would use her two D+ days and also use my two D+ days.  They've changed that, so if you have the package, your two D+ days go away.  The rationale -- you don't need them.  🍷

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO always better to buy online thru cruise planner then wait till onboard. 

You have to be real careful with absolutes (and not just VOOM), regardless of the issue, someone will likely have an exception.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:32 PM, Wine-O said:

That's a good price.  I would book it, then check for sales on Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc.  If you find it cheaper, you can cancel and rebook.  

It used to be I would get the VOOM package and my wife would use her two D+ days and also use my two D+ days.  They've changed that, so if you have the package, your two D+ days go away.  The rationale -- you don't need them.  🍷

I didn’t know they changed this. 😢