QM2 location (Merged threads)

speedwell

Once we've had a quick look at QM2 (and what she's brought with her 🤣) in the port area, we'll take a bus to a stop called 'Batterie / Princesse Grâce', which should give us photos from about 450 metres to the west of her.

If no problems with trains we should be in Villefranche from about 10:15 (CEST or UTC+2).

• Like 1

IMG_20220721_111323483_HDR.thumb.jpg.88f01c95a7609ae6790d33dd3f759ebd.jpg

29 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Something about phone is it keeps repeating quotes. But the main reason for posting is the photo of QM2 at Villefranche sur Mer 

• Like 5

And here's a port side view at Villefranche sur Mer.

We are on a bus to Monaco for our pizza, wine and cake picnic.

After rotating a couple of times to get it right way up.

Rotate_20220721_114725_5348.jpeg

Edited by D&N
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, D&N said:

@bluemarbleTry between 10:31 and 10:36. Had problems seeing it live on phone but think we got it.

Thanks for posting the photos of QM2 at Villefranche-sur-Mer for this "QM2 location" thread. I'm just getting up from a late night my time watching QM2's arrival. No joy spotting you on the YouTube stream I'm afraid. About half an hour ago at what would have been 3:30pm Villefranche time, I rewound the stream 5 hours, 5 minutes to 10:25am and watched for 15 minutes until 10:40am. The stream only spends a few seconds at the marina gate each pan cycle but I didn't manage to spot anyone standing at the gate. There aren't any timestamps on the stream to confirm the timing but I think I got it right. Oh well, it was fun watching more of the stream anyway.

• Like 1

Another stern shot from the viewpoint to west of anchorage at Villefranche sur Mer, taken with an optical zoom.  It was too difficult to transfer and check those photos while travelling around today.

And a nice shot of all the day-trippers arriving on Tender 13 at the Gare Maritime.

P1040859.JPG

IMG_20220721_102230109_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

We are the first Q5 after the last lifeboat on the port side.

I see where that is now. Too difficult to look it up on phone, could hardly see screen much of today in sunlight.

We could have taken a portrait if you'd posed on one of the rear terraces!

We'll take less interest for the rest of the cruise.  It was nice that Queen Mary 2 came to visit us for a change, we haven't seen her down this way for ages.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

P.S. We heard the horn this morning as all the windows were wide open to circulate as much air at 26C before it got warmer, and we're only about 9.5 miles from the anchorage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, bluemarble said:

This one is too good to pass up. Here is a view of QM2 arriving at Southanpton this morning, including the full moon, as seen on the Netley Cam stream of the Solent Ships YouTube channel.

1796266541_QM2SouthamptonArrival2022-08-12.thumb.jpg.ad5bf74b82598d3062a2e64e07f1a8e9.jpg

Sailing uphill, as well, so powerful a ship is she….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think we've seen QM2 in Hamburg on this thread yet. I'll go ahead and take care of that glaring omission right now. This is a view from another of the Skyline Webcams showing QM2's departure from Hamburg this evening. It's a capture from their Port of Hamburg Live cam found at "www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/deutschland/hamburg/hamburg/hamburg-hafen.html".

90964343_QM2HamburgDeparture2022-08-14.thumb.jpg.dec20e463140ba70aa7014ba30e236f1.jpg

• Like 5

QM2 is in Rotterdam today. This is a view of QM2 arriving in the rain captured a few minutes before 7:00am local time this morning. She is backing into the berth at the cruise terminal off to the right of this view.

This is a capture from the "Webcam Rotterdam(Hotel New York)" on the Port of Rotterdam website. The webcam is found at "webcam-rotterdam.nl/pages/cameras/hotel-new-york.php". I am posting this image with the kind permission of the Port of Rotterdam and heelhollandkijkt.nl who host the webcam.

1257076178_QM2RotterdamArrival2022-08-17.thumb.jpg.69d179a061aacdeb341c0fdd4e680735.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, techteach said:

🙂 Thinking about my new dependence on back up cameras and the highlighted lines showing me where I’m aiming on my car. Now THAT would be a great feature on QM2!

It was interesting to follow QM2's track into Rotterdam this morning and watch her progress on the webcam. She started turning around at Waalhaven a few minutes before 6:00am and backed up the entire 2 NM from there, taking about an hour until she was alongside the Rotterdam Cruise Terminal a few minutes after 7:00am. The top speed shown on her track while she was sailing in reverse was 3.4 knots.

Edited by bluemarble

20 minutes ago, D&N said:

https://webcam-vlaardingen.nl/pages/cameras/oost.php

QM2 is currently heading towards the camera at Vlaardingen that points East.

On the West pointing camera folk can be seen gathering on a small jetty on the North Bank to watch her sail past.

And the operator is following her too.

Oh, sorry I missed that! I watched those cameras on her way in early this morning but was slow on the draw for her departure this evening. More to come at the cameras on these pages.

https://webcam-maassluis.nl

https://webcam-hoekvanholland.nl

• Like 1

I hadn't been familiar with Vlaardingen & Maassluis, but we sailed frequently between Harwich and The Hook in the 1990s when my brother in law was based in Germany.

Interesting to see all the cameras.