QM2 location (Merged threads)

speedwell

10 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Slightly longer version of that same story here including a quote from Captain Hashmi. Same video.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-61370296

Interesting that NCL Getaway is more visible in the video than QM2 but wasn't mentioned.

Thanks for posting the longer story, I guess NCL Getaway just happened to be docked in the way while the flyover was over QM2.

7 hours ago, exlondoner said:

As the BBC says, that was a Hurricane, not a Spitfire. You'd think the Telegraph would get that right.

The BBC changed the nationality of Columbian doubles tennis players to Spanish last night! Article not been edited yet. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

We may have just missed @D&N. Here's a zoom-in the webcam did a few minutes later where I've circled what I believe was their balcony based on the evidence provided in their blog thread.

519094330_QM2SouthamptonArrival(Cabin12077)2022-06-12.thumb.jpg.158473dc643c866b9133e2c87cbb9367.jpg

Departure today is 1730

4 hours ago, sogne said:

Departure today is 1730

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

We may have just missed @D&N. Here's a zoom-in the webcam did a few minutes later where I've circled what I believe was their balcony based on the evidence provided in their blog thread.

519094330_QM2SouthamptonArrival(Cabin12077)2022-06-12.thumb.jpg.158473dc643c866b9133e2c87cbb9367.jpg

Ha ha ha.

You deserve the Sherlock Holmes Prize for investigation!!!

Not a washing line in sight either!

At 05:04:00 you would have caught me on the balcony in Cunard Robe photographing the sunrise!

So 5 minutes 12 seconds too late. Absolutely brilliant.

We're no longer there of course.

British Airways kindly advanced us to the flight 3 hours earlier than booked and we were back home at 15:15 French time

• Like 4

20 hours ago, techteach said:

Yeah, I was looking for the work-out laundry hanging on the balcony!

Most of you may have guessed that it was staged.

It had in fact dried the day before but I re-hung a selection of items intending to try and get the photo.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, techteach said:

@D&N How were your cats when you got home? Were you punished for being gone so long?

Well spoiled. We imported a niece & nephew (her husband) from Scotland for 9 days, who were joined and replaced by her young sister who departs tomorrow. Their Dad joined for a few days so the younger one wasn't alone too long.

They had a few days to get to know their cousins before we left and their other cousin has stayed before and they seem to recognise people who have been before and permitted them to chew their hair.

If we're away a couple of nights the neighbours drop in but for this length of time they like servants to be on hand!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the game today, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to post another image of QM2 gleaming in the morning sun. Here is a capture showing QM2's arrival at New York this morning. In this view she has just about completed the turn to start backing into the berth at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. This capture is from the "New York City Harbor, Waterfront Museum, Brooklyn NY USA" stream on StreamTime Live's YouTube channel.

828719718_QM2NewYorkArrival2022-07-01.thumb.jpg.d74f79495d4aed8228b7fd4e7cf42739.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

QM2 has arrived at Villefranche-sur-Mer. There's a reasonably good view of QM2 through the masts of the boats in the marina here on this "Webcam port départemental de la Darse" YouTube live stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMdjdYPEs1w

Unfortunately I have not yet received responses to requests for permission to post an image from this webcam from three different entities I have asked about it. So I'll just post a link to the webcam instead. With any luck, @D&N will be able to post a photo of QM2 at Villefranche-sur-Mer here later today.

• Like 2

This was QM2 a little earlier this morning on approach.  The air wasn't clear enough to get a sharper picture, and she is about 8.5 miles away.

The land jutting out to left is the South Western tip of the Nice Airport runway, and the spiky lighting gantries in the foreground are on the bridge over the River Loup on the departmental road RD6098.

I'll see what we get later.

P1040849.JPG

• Like 5