Shower size on Odyssey

kjbacon

It looks as though the shower stalls are rather tight in both the Veranda suite and the penthouse suite on the Odyssey. I’ve tried to find videos on line to get a better look at them and clear answers aren’t easy to find. I think the sizes of the showers are about the same in both suites but the penthouses have a glass wall which gives it a more open feel? We have our deposit on the penthouse suite but I’d like to get as much info as possible early in the process (my husband is claustrophobic). Any and all input about the showers on the Odyssey would be very much appreciated, thank you.

7 minutes ago, zelker said:

You can get a fairly good idea of a Veranda suite shower size towards the beginning of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSGN97bBHJ4

Thank you, I had missed that one. It looks uncomfortably small. Have you seen the shower in both the Veranda and penthouse suites ... is the Veranda one smaller? Your help here is really appreciated.

1 hour ago, kjbacon said:

Thank you, I had missed that one. It looks uncomfortably small. Have you seen the shower in both the Veranda and penthouse suites ... is the Veranda one smaller? Your help here is really appreciated.

Sorry, have only stayed in Veranda suites.  Neither my husband or I would call it uncomfortably small.  Having the solid glass European-style door on it certainly makes it feel non-claustrophobic, at least to us.  

In looking at this video of the Penthouse suite, it doesn't look much bigger, if at all.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uinqTxduvOE

But the Penthouse Spa suite shower is definitely bigger than either of the first two:  

Edited by zelker

59 minutes ago, zelker said:

Sorry, have only stayed in Veranda suites.  Neither my husband or I would call it uncomfortably small.  Having the solid glass European-style door on it certainly makes it feel non-claustrophobic, at least to us.  

In looking at this video of the Penthouse suite, it doesn't look much bigger, if at all.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uinqTxduvOE

But the Penthouse Spa suite shower is definitely bigger than either of the first two:  

Thank you so much for all your help. We tried to book the spa suite for that very reason but it wasn’t available. I also thought the penthouse shower looked about the same size but the extra glass wall will help him to some degree. I’m hoping it’s also larger than it looks. It’s early yet so I bet that someone who’s been in both will still chime in.

• Like 1

Yes, the penthouse suite shower is slightly larger than the veranda suite shower.  In the veranda shower I am constantly banging my elbow into the wall when washing my hair.  In the penthouse shower it only happens occasionally!

• Haha 1

For more room why not use the shower over the bath. Personally we do not find the shower uncomfortable or claustrophobic . It is more than adequate for the average size frame.

This is our experience in the verandah suite.

38 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

. . . or stay away from the Keller Burgers. 😉

Not sure what your obsession against that burger is ??? but this has nothing to do with his or my normal weight. He has claustrophobia. But thank you anyway.

1 hour ago, kjbacon said:

Not sure what your obsession against that burger is ??? but this has nothing to do with his or my normal weight. He has claustrophobia. But thank you anyway.

A very British sense of humour . . . 

On 5/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, dalliowner said:

I think there is only a shower over the bath on the Encore and Ovation .

That may be the case in the smaller suites (23sq m) I think, on about deck 7 or 8 (near the front of the ship) which may differ but most suits are identical and have both separately. I have not been in or even seen a penthouse suite so I can’t comment on that. 

I have been on both the Ovation and the Encore and apart from the decor (the marble is lighter in color) the bathrooms in most suites are virtually the same as the Odyssey and the Quest. 

Even though the showers are small, they are fine for us and I would rather the extra space elsewhere in the cabin rather than the shower which only gets used for about 15 mins a day. 

• January 22, 2013
  •  
  • 955 posts
  • Australia

That may be the case in the smaller suites (23sq m) I think, on about deck 7 or 8 (near the front of the ship) which may differ but most suits are identical and have both separately. I have not been in or even seen a penthouse suite so I can’t comment on that. 

The last time we were on the  Quest Sojourn and Odysses In  V6 cabins there was no shower attachment  in the bath tub. It was a couple of years ago so the might have fitted them now.

17 hours ago, johng75370 said:

The singing in the shower video in here shows the size of the shower (and how much entertainment you can create there):

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/03/us/coronavirus-cruise-ship-singer-barbados.html

Thank goodness we decided on the penthouse as my poor husband would have been terribly uncomfortable in that tiny shower. However, your voice is very impressive (wow) and is almost as good as your outfit. GQ worthy!

That NYT link provides a great piece of 'shower singing' (yes - the tap is running🙂) though he does seem to 'run out of steam' on the last number or two. But it's also a fine bit of reporting - and a look at yet another facet of what this plague has wrought, literally holding people prisoner.