CNBC: Carnival to restart Cruises in phases August 1st

kwokpot

Curious to hear more details. More or less, what kind of screening process will they have before boarding? What ports will allow ships in? What are the itineraries? What's the capacity % they're implementing?

• Like 1

Bummer, however I thought the June 27 date was a tad unrealistic. 

*According to Carnival, the following ships will be the first to enter service, beginning on August 1, out of these ports:

Galveston, Texas: Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista

Miami, Florida:  Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Sensation

Port Canaveral:  Carnival Breeze and Carnival Elation

Other than the above-referenced service from Galveston, Miami, and Port Canaveral, all other North American and Australian homeport cruises will be cancelled through August 31.

All Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruises from Seattle will be cancelled, as well as the Carnival Spirit Vancouver-Honolulu cruise on September 25 and the Honolulu–Brisbane transpacific cruise on October 6.

All Carnival Splendor cruises in Australia from June 19 to August 31 will be cancelled.

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-line-resumes-service-august-1-limited-capacity/

This seems like a reasonable and logical progression by the company. Makes a lot of sense. And obviously I'm sure they still have a lot of wiggle room if things start going awry in some of the states that have implemented more robust 'reopening' maneuvers the last couple weeks. 

Our specific cruise is now canceled, but I'm comfortable with that. We'll book for next summer. Good luck to everyone else! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Curious to hear more details. More or less, what kind of screening process will they have before boarding? What ports will allow ships in? What are the itineraries? What's the capacity % they're implementing?

Yes, because IMO until the process, procedures, cruise contract, etc. are updated and communicated supporting an initial Aug 1 limited ramp up, it will most likely not happen and be pushed out again.  On the flip side, they have more time between now and then to rollout. 

Edited by clhayes

60bffcb2-0550-4c34-9717-ae4801c365f8.jpg
230b8ce0-e03f-4406-b256-eeb9d6ec3b2f.png

Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

During this pause in our business, we have continued to assess the environment to determine whether our plan to resume operations beginning on June 27 is feasible. While we are beginning to see positive signs that the country is returning to some level of normalcy, the point at which we can begin sailing is uncertain and we are making plans for a phase-in of service later this summer.   

We are taking a measured approach, ensuring we are well prepared to support all public health and regulatory requirements prior to resuming service. We are focusing our return to service on a select number of homeports where we have more significant operations and that are easily accessible by car for many of our guests.  Starting up with limited operations will also allow us to focus our resources on implementing new operational protocols prior to a broader roll-out across the fleet as travel and commerce continue to recover. 

Given this protracted delay, we unfortunately have to cancel your scheduled cruise. The key elements of this announcement:

• All cruises from June 27 to July 31 will be canceled
  • Beginning August 1, we plan to resume cruises on the following ships:
    • Galveston:  Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista
    • Miami:  Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Sensation
    • Port Canaveral:  Carnival Breeze and Carnival Elation
  • Other than the above referenced service from Galveston, Miami, and Port Canaveral, all other North American homeport cruises will be canceled through August 31
  • All Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruises from Seattle will be canceled, as well as the Carnival Spirit Vancouver- Honolulu cruise on September 25 and the Honolulu-Brisbane cruise on October 6
  • All Carnival Splendor cruises in Australia  from June 19 to August 31 will be canceled

We remain strongly committed to being a partner with government officials at the federal level and with officials in the local communities where we homeport our ships.  We are also working with the destinations we visit to ensure their readiness and support.  We will take all necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we bring our ships to in order to maintain public confidence in our business. We will use this extended pause to continue to identify and implement additional protocols so that we can safely welcome our guests back on board.  Nevertheless, we apologize for disrupting your vacation plans and appreciate your patience as we work through these decisions. 

As we have offered previously, we are providing two options for you, including a bonus value incentive package that has proven very popular with our guests.  We hope you will be able to rebook your vacation utilizing the incentives we have developed in recognition of your loyalty.

We have fully automated your ability to respond with your choice online, avoiding the need to call us.  We urge you to carefully review this information and follow the online process.  Like many other companies, our offices remain closed at the direction of local government.  While our customer contact center team is now working from home and taking calls, technology limitations continue to impact productivity and our level of support.  This announcement is also likely to continue the extremely high call volumes that limit our traditional levels of resources and responsiveness.  Calling us will not expedite your request at this time.  In addition, if you booked through a travel advisor, they are fully equipped to help you with this process and will also be able to rebook another vacation with your future cruise credit.

This letter supersedes any previous offer received.  Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on these voyages and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.

ef3aeff5-25c9-48c5-b4e7-11217129919c.png

Please make your selection using our online tool here  there is no need to call.

Please note that whichever option you select will apply to all guests on your reservation.

Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 for you to make a selection.  After that, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.

Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

If you purchased your own flights for getting to your cruise, we encourage you to contact your airline or travel agent about your options as the airlines are also working to accommodate their passengers.

Please continue to visit the link below to learn more about how we are addressing COVID-19 and get further updates on our operations.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience because we know how much time and effort you put into planning the perfect cruise vacation. We want to get back to cruising just as soon as we can and we’ll be here when times are better and be ready for your return.

Please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones.  Your health and safety are important to us whether or not you’re on one of our ships.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely, 

bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line 
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if this is currently all the ships that are sailing from these ports (Canaveral, Miami, Galveston) or did they also limit the ships?  I'm trying to figure out did they just do a limit to these ports or did they also pair down the ships that are sailing from these ports for 8/1 cruising.

1 minute ago, koolkat327 said:

Does anyone know if this is currently all the ships that are sailing from these ports (Canaveral, Miami, Galveston) or did they also limit the ships?  I'm trying to figure out did they just do a limit to these ports or did they also pair down the ships that are sailing from these ports for 8/1 cruising.

Read the news release. Carnival lists which ships will be sailing.

• Like 3

Just now, glrounds said:

Read the news release. Carnival lists which ships will be sailing.

I read the release and I understand which ships are cruising...my question was prior to the pause in cruising were there additional ships scheduled to cruise out of these specific ports or are the ships listed as cruising from these ports on 8/1 all the ships scheduled out of these ports?  Did they just limit it to ports or did they also further limit the ships selling out of these ports?  I'm not up on which ships are currently sailing from which locations.

1 minute ago, koolkat327 said:

I read the release and I understand which ships are cruising...my question was prior to the pause in cruising were there additional ships scheduled to cruise out of these specific ports or are the ships listed as cruising from these ports on 8/1 all the ships scheduled out of these ports?  Did they just limit it to ports or did they also further limit the ships selling out of these ports?  I'm not up on which ships are currently sailing from which locations.

Could be. I'm not all that familiar with which ships "normally" cruise out of east coast ports. The west coast got clobbered in this release.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, koolkat327 said:

The Conquest has taken over the Victorys sailings.

6 minutes ago, koolkat327 said:

Those ships sailed from those ports before the disruption. 

• Like 2

Just now, saharaga said:

Those ships sailed from those ports before the disruption. 

Those ships and those ships only?

If so, we can say instead of opening specific ships they actually opened specific ports...just trying to get a grip on their thinking.

Just now, koolkat327 said:

If so, we can say instead of opening specific ships they actually opened specific ports...just trying to get a grip on their thinking.

Conquest was sailing out of Miami.

10 minutes ago, koolkat327 said:

No, not those ships only. The Victory and Conquest were also out of Miami. Port Canaveral had more than two ships. The 3 ships in Galveston are the only Carnival ships that sail from Galveston (maybe the Liberty too, so 4?). It looks like Galveston is the only port that's business as usual as far as which ships are sailing.  I read the release as these are the ships that we're going to start sailing with. It's not all the ships in each port. 

Edited by saharaga
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, saharaga said:

No, not those ships only. The Victory and Conquest were also out of Miami. Port Canaveral had more than two ships. The 3 ships in Galveston are the only Carnival ships that sail from Galveston. It looks like Galveston is the only port that's business as usual as far as which ships are sailing.  I read the release as these are the ships that we're going to start sailing with. It's not all the ships in each port. 

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  So both ports & ships were limited.