Canada - New England Cruises September & October 2020

Hi all,

Watching Canada-New England cruise pricing for Vision this September/October (Sept. 18, 27, Oct. 9).   Prices have gone down substantially.  Wondering if there's a reason for this?  Have prices dropped coz RC is going to cancel?  or is something else going on - like an issue with the ports?   

Thanks!

NJ 

Hi all,

Watching Canada-New England cruise pricing for Vision this September/October (Sept. 18, 27, Oct. 9).   Prices have gone down substantially.  Wondering if there's a reason for this? 

I don’t know. I think there is like a bug going around or something.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi all,

Watching Canada-New England cruise pricing for Vision this September/October (Sept. 18, 27, Oct. 9).   Prices have gone down substantially.  Wondering if there's a reason for this?  Have prices dropped coz RC is going to cancel?  or is something else going on - like an issue with the ports?   

Thanks!

NJ 

I would guess that the reasons are that the cruise is not going to happen.  They want gullible customers to pounce on the cheap rate, take the 125% FCC, then book a future sailing that'll cost well above 125% more than the cheapie they thought they got a steal on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

I would guess that the reasons are that the cruise is not going to happen.  They want gullible customers to pounce on the cheap rate, take the 125% FCC, then book a future sailing that'll cost well above 125% more than the cheapie they thought they got a steal on.

Thanks for the input.  That makes sense.  We have the Sept. 7th Vision booked from BCN to New Jersey - which I believe will be cancelled.  From what I'm reading about Spain, who knows when they'll open up.  So wonder what will happen to Vision cruises?  

Were hoping to fill in with these next three Vision cruises to match our Oct. 19th Vision from Quebec.  don't think it's worth it to book these three cruises now even with cheaper prices.  They'd only end up being FCC's.  With any luck we'll be able to pick up our Oct. 19th Vision cruise & go from there. 

Appreciate it.

NJ 

48 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

NJ 

Governor of Maine has said cruise ships can't visit before September 1st at last I had heard.  Wouldn't be surprised if they extend that out to the whole fall season.  Could have something to do with that.

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Governor of Maine has said cruise ships can't visit before September 1st at last I had heard.  Wouldn't be surprised if they extend that out to the whole fall season.  Could have something to do with that.

Thanks for the info.  Have a feeling we will be writing off the whole thing.  At least our Vision Oct. 19 & Navigator Nov. 2 are both refundable.  We have Rhapsody Nov. 7 crossing from BCN to Tampa & four cruises booked after as back to backs - guess they are all up in the air.

NJ 

• Like 1

We are booked on the Grandeur to NE/Canada leaving September 3, not a 100% convinced it will sail or if it sails that the itinerary won't be changed.  31 days till final payment so will have to make a decision whether cancel, make final payment and hope for refund or FCC.  My other dilemma is rebook at cheaper rate and lose my $18 DBP or keep what I have.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

NJ 

I am booked on the October 9 sailing and prices for suites have not gone down at all in the multiple times I have checked since booking.  In fact, prices have increased.  Right now JS is what I paid for a GS.

10 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

I am booked on the October 9 sailing and prices for suites have not gone down at all in the multiple times I have checked since booking.  In fact, prices have increased.  Right now JS is what I paid for a GS.

Insides have....

NJ 

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Royal needs the cash flow. 

We did B3B Canada/New Eng. cruises last year.  Thought it was too good to be true that these particular cruises would go down this much - inside $39 for Sept. 27 from Quebec.   

Had thought part of issue (along with ports closed) might be that the Jones Act comes into play.  We booked Vision Sept. 7 from BCN & planned to go straight thru to Oct. 19th FLL to avoid Jones Act.  We'll hold off till we see what happens with Spain.  But guess it's not gonna work out the way we planned....

NJ